• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Canada Tomorrow ah how they will be so off the reality!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Canada Tomorrow ah how they will be so off the reality!

Stats Canada tomorrow survey was taken in July before the shit show of weather hit some areas. Our area had its fun start in June so most knew the outcome early. Yes big thick swaths but like Trudeau nothing in the Head.

So what is every one guessing for yields and how Small is the BIG BIG Crop they Predicted now.

Wheat acreage 23.1
    Barley 6.38
    Canola 20.02
    Peas 4.27
    Lentils 5.84

My guess is they are out on wheat to high
    Barley to low
    Canola way to high
    Peas yea its a average at best
    Lentils in the drink big time

Just saying, what are others thinking

It is always taken in July when even a shitty flooded canola crop that's flowering looks not bad.

Comment

I also think their barley is low. But WAY low. Ironic, but barley looks really good. I have not seen a poor looking barley crop anywhere.

Usually barley does not grow through mire like it did this year for guys.

Another thing on barley tho. It is TALL. Does that translate to yield? I dunno. Does 90 bushel barley at 2.25 pay the bills if you miss the malt lotto?

My bad, that was acres, not total yield I guess. Sorry.

Comment

90 bu@ $2.25 "should" cover costs. The problem is when reality provides you 80 bu/ac and 46 pounds bushel weight.
        The maltsters may be more forgiving thinking about how much beer farmers will need this winter. Beer will get you through times with no money better than times with money and no beer!

Comment

Canola numbers will be big , as well peas
          , in the next report

Comment

HRS my guess for final out come is

28.2 thats taking in the Awesome Tisdale north HRS crops and rest HRS even if it is like Trudeau nothing in the head it looks good.

Barley

A whopping 10.3

Canola

After driving around and seeing flooded areas and smaller pods and smaller seed and well lets just say a lot of stock and not podded as deep.

Peas

Some great some awesome and some just the Fricking shits.

Lentils

Ah some BS some more BS and Finally some real big extra number 3s for pennies of what was contracted.

Comment

Comment

furrow, just wonder how that story relates to the green pea market. France a big grower of green peas has imported from Canada in the past.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...