• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admiration for Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admiration for Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip

I don't post very often, but wanted to see how others felt about Gord's courageous performance last night.

I only hope that when I am faced with my mortality that I share and perform like he did last night.

A good reminder to "Live like you are dying"

Have a safe harvest everyone.

"Trudeau for 12 more years"
    "We are in good hands"

The nakedly overt political bullshit between sets ruined it for me.

Comment

I shouldn't make light if his situation but maybe that's a symptom or side effect of brain cancer?

Comment

That political bs ruined it for me too. The gen pop eats that shit up but goddn stfu and sing.

Comment

Still recorded to the PVR and waiting for me. Maybe I'll watch Tuesday night or Wednesday night if it rains. Hope I'm not disappointed in it by the sounds of some of the posts here.

Good for them....giving that televised show for all of us to see...

One of my favorite song lines come from "The Hundredth Meridian"....."It would seem to me I remember every single ****ing thing I know"

Comment

Not a band I ever listened to, no opinion, but heard the Trudo Kudos on swather all day!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Still recorded to the PVR and waiting for me...
              They ran long and my PVR recording is missing their last two songs. *sad face*

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                They ran long and my PVR recording is missing their last two songs. *sad face*
                SERIOUSLY!!!!!! The concert with out the last couple of songs, commentary and good byes would be like intercourse without the climax. Shoot!
                Which songs were played last?
                Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 21, 2016, 22:44.

Comment

Laughed at all the Millennials at the concert, who will pay all the taxes, for the debt PM Hair will put on them. Instead of going on a winter holiday, those Millennials will pay it in extra taxes ! haha

They have NO clue !

Thought the music was very close to the recordings we know. Also missed the (last two songs on DVR) ****en CBC!

Comment

The drama teacher doesn't like to miss out on a photo op for political gain, not surprisingly the CBC and Justin couldn't of let the dying guy have the spotlight instead making it about him.

Not a huge follower or fan of the hip, no urge to see the show.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Which songs were played last?
                      My recording cuts out at the start of Gift Shop, and completely misses Ahead by a Century. Definitely Coitus interruptus

Comment

I like a lot of music, listen to a lot of genres of music, have heard of the hip etc. But I must say in all honesty, I could not name a single one of their songs. I asked my wife to name me a song by the hip. She had no clue either. Living under a rock I guess.

Comment

Politics aside, Downie worked hard to entertain.
                          I saw that one third of Canadians tuned in for part of the concert.
                          If that is Canadian politics - hardly compares to what is going on south of the border...
                          I am a bigger fan of the Hip today after watching on Saturday.

Comment

Listened on radio in grain truck/grain cart but Missed hearing my favourite song "38 years old"
                            Supposedly a song about David Milgaurd
                            Tried getting ticket for the final tour but no luck. Great to hear on radio with Buck 65 doing commentary

Comment

Lost track how many times i seen them live,their pretty good but a little to soft and feminine for me.

The brain washing politics should have been left out but holy moly that must have been a tough show to do,went out with a bang anyways.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...