• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

39 inches of rain! Good grief hope his land drains or he'll be dealing with this disaster for years..

Fuz obvious here. Need to change varieties. Fan on high speed for starters.
    Last edited by farming101; Aug 18, 2016, 10:02.

Comment

Stuff looks decent here but now it rains just about every day. Lots of hay down and lots no cut yet. Some are desicating wheat myself included but at least 2 weeks before we'll be going. Odd field of canola swathed but most of mine colour is starting to change so end of next week I'll start cutting. Time that's done the yellowfeed should be ready. Some barley fields won't be long before guys will be combining them. Canola pods are small on some fields and decent on others. The nexerra stuff I have has lots of growth but pods are small while dekalb it's the reverse. I get the feeling this will be be a decent average sized crop. Nothing spectacular. I'm not going in expecting fantastic yields. There is lots of material there but it won't translate into big bushels. We haven't had the stresses other places have had so I wonder how long the trade can keep up this charade that a monster is out there.

Comment

Most canola here already swathed, straight cutters have dessicated theirs, early yields average to slightly above, sclerotina taken its toll this year. Spring wheat harvest began late last week, then rained out. Yields dissapointing for stand size, fusarium mostly to blame, yields 45- 60. Barley mostly done , soy crop looks really good, needs 20 more days frost free to make it. Corn crops look massive, if cob fill is good, yields will be on the high side, similar to last year. Consistant showeres keeping land wet, guys looking for tracks on the combines, some making water filled ruts from one end of the field to the other. Will be lots of tillage work needed to get land back in shape for next spring.

Comment

Rains are now 48 hrs apart here - yee haw
          Back into peas today

Absolutely avoided going to town this morning with the gong show going on .
          Police actually had sniper rifles in the top of buildings lol
          Anyway , green peas holding colour and yields are ok
          Lots of canola swathing on stuff seeded from May 1st to 8th ... Ish
          A lot of sclero showing up in later canola and or canola seeded after the 15 th not sprayed , which is very surprising considering how dry it was it June and July over all here locally
          Very low sclero in res varieties anywhere here . It was a late infection here with most mid season seeded canola just having the branches effected with a few main stems . Early season canola not realy effected.
          Some wheat just getting desicated
          Lentils will start the next few days I would think , but some heavy showers rolled through in spots today .
          My sweet corn almost ready for sale lol

Comment

Peas are 70% off in this area , mostly later seeded peas left
            Yields in area anywhere from 30 to 70 depending on location, soil type , rains or not in June and weedy or clean fields .
            Also fertility on not
            Lots of variables , mostly ave 50 ish locally

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...