• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

String of Thunderheads

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String of Thunderheads

Bethune Radar shows humungous string of thunderstorms SE of Regina. Carrumba!

I'll say it again. I hope that is the last of it! Harvest now please.

Comment

I've been watching that for about three hours. Missed us by miles, and not many. Slid past just south of us and looks like its going to keep moving away from us....thank goodness. With tomorrow's winds I hope to get back on those peas, never got much rain...probably not any worse than a real heavy dew.

Comment

We may have gotten some on the south side but lentils still above water. Yield reports of a friend says anything laying down is yielding 4-5 bushel. Hills better. They are shaving them off at less than an inch. Oy! We really gotta get going. The last lap could be a nail biter

Comment

One cloud got me today at supper time. High humidity and no winds this month is also making harvest slow. Yesterday my wheat got down to 15.3 and had to stop around sunset because it got so tuff. With the heat and a very slight breeze with the sun shining it got down to 15 today.

The same thing happened with my fall rye earlier this month. A hobby farmer neighbor of mine with no aeration had his sitting in the swath for 24 days already because he needs to get it of dry.

I am grateful to be missing the 1 inch rains and to have a good crop. Mother nature never screwed it up for me yet.

Maybe tomorrow it will be dry.

Comment

It is August the 17th. Are you guys really this nervous on this date?

Comment

Quality doesn't wait for good weather when it's gone it's gone.

Comment

Yes, when the crop is mature rip it out of the field. That's as good as it is ever going to be.

Of course saying it and getting it done are very different things. At least a guy has to get started.

Comment

Free - nope , full moon will bring a couple chilly mornings but no frost . Should be good for a few weeks now and 90% or more of the crop will be mature

Comment

Got an inch from an intense thunderstorm last night following up on 9/10ths on Monday night same way. Guys were combining yesterday so not a disaster apparently.

Comment

This morning's satellite shows a heck of a system in the US northern plains, just as US weather predicted. Hope the customs agents keep it down south.

Comment

I guess I am just used to October combining!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...