• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Brother

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brother

Hey, Big Brother, would you mind posting the rule sheet for getting threads/posts pulled?

As per Brad Wall's comments yesterday. Protecting Agriville.

Comment

Other than some spam posts..... are things being deleted? or threads removed?

Comment

Ok, got ya.... the thread of the facebook comment

Comment

There was a thread deleted this morning at the request of the original poster who contacted us directly about it.

It doesn't happen very often for us to remove threads (unless it's spam).

Rules for Agriville: [URL="http://old.agriville.com/community/guidelines.shtml"]http://old.agriville.com/community/guidelines.shtml[/URL]

Comment

Yeah why did the "victims" fb post get pulled? Censorship is ok? Pure speculation but maybe the passengers of the car did the kid in and they are blaming the farmer? At this point it's their word against the farmer

Comment

I think there has also been threads pulled that mentioned companys directly.
              Im pretty sure some companys monitor aville.

Think b4 u write.

Comment

If it is the truth and not defamatory lies, I don't think there is a problem, free advertising for good companies😀

Comment

Every vehicle that drives into my farmyard that is either asking directions or for instance last summer, there were 2 x 20 year-old kids asking to borrow a welder because theirs was broken and the muffler was falling off, I get as much info from them as possible, get behind the car and take a picture or write down his license plate. I write it on the shop wall just in case I need it at a later date. I make sure they realize that I have pictures and have jotted down the license number. Think they will come back? Kinda doubt it. Their muffler needed more than a welder.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the questions.

In this instance, the original poster asked to remove the thread and we helped him do that, it was unfortunate that some of the other response threads were removed.

On the New Agriville.com site it is easy to remove or edit your posts, so I don't expect we will have to be involved in the future much except to show people how to use the software.

We will respond to complaints regarding the appropriateness of the posts and remove any threads that are inappropriate. We will update the content guidelines and get that posted on the new site in the next few days.

We also will remove un related spammer posts, there are a couple per week. We have no desire to be Big Brother and moderate or edit content, after being involved with Agriville for almost 10 years most will know that we want to encourage good discussion and sharing.

If you have other concerns, please feel free to call or email me,

Thanks and have a safe harvest,

Joe Dales
                    Farms.com & Agriville.com
                    877 438-5729 x5013
                    joe.dales@farms.com

Comment

I simply asked to remove that quote from that piticular face book page .
                      I never said anything that was not the truth but I felt afterwards that a good farm forum like Agriville does not need bad publicity . We all share the same thoughts about that so we don't need to have it inflamed by others who don't understand .
                      But at the end of the day we do need to stand up for ourselves , our neighbors and the whole farm comunity because the CBC 's of the world would love nothing better than to trash farms and the protection of our property and our families and homes .
                      Again I will say if the theft , vandalism and terrorizing of rural farms was not as bad as it has been for years , that peticular incident most likely would not have occurred - and that is what needs to be emphasized by all of us .
                      Also FSIN needs to acknowledge that there is a major problem with theft rings from several reserves in this whole NW Sask and stop this racisism card b/s .
                      Most of us have lived around reserves all our lives and have no issues with most natives - this is not a race thing - it's a theft , vandalism and terrorism by a few from these reserves on the rural communities around them that's the major problem that leads to bad situations . If the bands would help control the issue and FSIN step up and help curb the problem from their own door steps .
                      Farmers are not going onto reserves looking to steal, vandalize and assault people - it's the other way around and that's a FACT . I will stand behind that as everyone else in the rural comunity will as well . Stop playing the race card FSIN ..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...