• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murphies Law ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphies Law ..

Went over 25 days in July without rain , now peas are ready and its every 24 hrs - lol
    Yes we are still fortunate to a point but still not in the bin , each storm passing through now has the potential to wipe out crops with hail .
    What a way to make a living ..

Rained every day since last Sunday when ours were ready!

Comment

Nothing is as easy as it seems
      Everything takes longer than you expect
      If anything can go wrong it will, at the worst possible time.
      It will be your fault.
      Every one will know.

Comment

furrow...we got on ours today. Combine tires are picking up a bit of mud. Ground is black with moisture. The peas went down but aren't completely pasted to the ground. Quality still isn't too bad but there is some bleaching. They are super dusty even though the weren't diseased....sometimes hard to see where I'm going. Lots of vine left behind where they're down the worst. Just started and can't wait til were done. Slow going

Comment

Hail 2 miles south of here , hopefully not bad .
          Can't get any closer - or farther from the bin

Comment

If they come up with a short season less thirsty soybean....peas can kiss my ass! If I'm going to ride my header on the ground....it may as well be for something I don't have to peel off it. They were standing so well or at least half decent until that 1.82 inches of rain in a week.

Comment

Went for a drive at sunrise , same here , each heavy rain now pushing peas over
              Some hail hit my peas to the south west , not bad but poped pea pods open
              All green peas and all had perfect colour till two days ago and one day from combining
              Now , as we all seen all summer - once these rains start a track ...
              Soil wise , these rains are not a problem yet but the next one will start to cause grief for pulses here locally as far as headers following the ground
              Those rains last night again formed fast and rained exactly where the rains missed all year .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...