• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemical Co. BS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemical Co. BS

Son in law was telling me last night that one of the local chem dealers notified him that to order Edge for next year now as there will be a shortage.Seven months is not ample time to ramp up production???? This is getting stupid having to order supplies a year in advance.

farmers have the same advantage to sell their grain a year in advance also. if they want to.

Comment

there is when your in the know. otherwise it would not be done.

Comment

Other options:
        Pursuit
        Solo
        Trifurilin
        Aim
        Avadex
        And others, what are you looking to control?

They are increasing the price to $1,500 bag from $1,300. Each bag 1200 pounds. It isn't registered for spring application. Many growers don't use it any more because of variable results.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
          farmers have the same advantage to sell their grain a year in advance also. if they want to.
          Selling the grain you don't have yet is not a bonus for farmers.

Comment

Hurry hard buy all your inputs for next year, everything will be in short supply. With this bin busting record production crop etc, farmers will be buying up everything in sight to avoid tax situation.

Comment

They do realize demand for edge will plunge next year with a 25-30% drop in lentils ????

Comment

Is the main customer of Edge the lentil grower?

We use granular Avadex for canary seed and have had good results.

Comment

Originally posted by food4u View Post
                  Son in law was telling me last night that one of the local chem dealers notified him that to order Edge for next year now as there will be a shortage.Seven months is not ample time to ramp up production???? This is getting stupid having to order supplies a year in advance.

Make sure you guys watch for Valtera (flumioxazin) herbicide. Registered to be sprayed in fall or spring for peas, chickpeas, soybeans, & wheat.

We have applied for a fall application registration for lentils to be seeded the following spring. I have personally seen good results with our research permit trials on our farm as did our neighbors (Birsay, SK). We were comparing granular vs Valtera split field and saw a distinct line of better kochia control favoring the Valtera side.

We are expecting the registration to come through in Jan 2017............so late for this fall but better late than never. There was a lot of farmer trials in sk over the last year with good results... so looks like it will be promising as a tool for lentils growers in the future. Keeping our fingers crossed for the registration.

It is $14/ac.....160ac/case and can be added to your fall burnoff so you wouldn't need to mess around with granulars. I have some pics of control on my twitter account.... @ChemCropGuy

Valtera goes after broadleaf weeds like kochia, pigweed, lambs quarters, etc and suppresses green foxtail, mustards & canola. You will need to spray for grasses & mustards/vol canola.

It is in the Monsanto Real Farm Rewards Offer where you can save $2/ac off of that as well.

Hopefully this info was helpful..........as you can tell I work for Nufarm. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

Comment

Also getting the canola seed booking calls already. "Book now for 2017!"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...