• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outcompeted by the Ukraine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Yes as other poster have pointed out it is all about supply managed industries in Canada skewing the government support figure.
    That's the easy accusation but is it true? Where is the proof? Is that what LWebber's table was supposed to show - maybe you could explain that table to me?

Comment

That is what is implied by the line close to the bottom that says transfers from consumers. It is hard to say what consumer prices would be if we had free trade in dairy and chicken. Most people today would not remember what free enterprise looks like since big government has been meddling in markets for so long that we think it is normal

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        That is what is implied by the line close to the bottom that says transfers from consumers.
        Which? the Transfers from consumers of 4,111 million$ figure? Do you see the figure below that? Transfers from Taxpayers 5,578 million$? Are you guessing the first is the degree of support for supply management and the latter taxpayer support of other agricultural programs including subsidizing crop insurance?

What are the figures in the table above then that show Consumer Support Estimate of -3,758 million$ and the Transfer from consumer to producer of -4,063 million$?

I have no idea what that information really relates or shows, I'm waiting for LWebber to tell us what its all about.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...