• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurray!!!! Heptathalon Bronze Medalist Brianne Theisen-Eaton from Humboldt, SK.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurray!!!! Heptathalon Bronze Medalist Brianne Theisen-Eaton from Humboldt, SK.

First time a Canadian women has won a medal in this incredible event. I am very proud.

Does anyone know the family, Theisen sounds like a pretty common name?

Everyone in Canada is over the moon with all of the athletes efforts.

I wasn't all that enthused about watching the Olympics but I find myself watching every night for a while to see what's happening.

Really good to see the enthusiasm of the athletes from all countries.

Comment

Good for her! Nice to see small town athletes do well.

Comment

I watched some too farm gal
        To me as an athlete, her event is the pinicle or summer sport at the olympics .
        She has to train hard and be great at so many sports . Well done👍👍👍👍

Comment

I thought she was from Humboldt! Had a article about her going to the Olympics. Great to see small town success!

Comment

Yup she is from Humboldt, awesome to have a home town girl doing well on the world stage. Congrats to her and her families.

Comment

Congratulations Humboldt, it takes a community to raise a confident child. Proud and deserve it!

Comment

Nice to see small towns make the news for positive reasons for a change

Iceman out

Comment

Not taking anything away from Theisen-Eaton; however, in 1980, the world's best woman's athlete was denied a chance for a medal when Canada boycotted the Moscow Olympics over the invasion of Afghanistan.

Diane Jones Konihowski was in her prime and favoured to win gold.

Jones Konihowski was the Canadian athlete most critical of the Moscow Games boycott. It was proposed by U.S. president Jimmy Carter to protest the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Some 65 nations joined the boycott, including Canada. Some boycott supporters sent Jones Konihowski hate mail, calling her a "Communist lover" and threatening her with death if she went to Moscow.
                  "I gave in to all the hate mail and the death threats," and decided not to buck the boycott and compete in Moscow, Jones Konihowski told the Edmonton Sun in 2000. She said she regrets her decision, adding: "I'm a much braver person today." At an event in Germany two weeks after the Moscow Olympics, she beat the recent winners of the Olympic gold and silver medals.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/diane-jones-konihowski-olympic-boycott-a-tragedy

36 years later - the Middle East is still a mess.

Comment

Yep, i remember Konihoski, great athete in her generation!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...