• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBC and FSIN

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have been a Goodyear sign in the driveway?

Comment

Reminds me of S. Africa. It must be very scarey, with small children and youngsters. How do you know how violent these carloads of thugs are? Ould they think it funny to go to the house for cash? When we lived on the farm, we never had reason to worry, but I was always prepared to defend - or I thought I was. Cops were an hour away - what help was that? Farmers gotta get smart, maybe better to phone your neighbour and set up a sting. If next time they drove into a farmers yard they had the crap scared out of them, they would think twice about farm shopping. No prejudice here, but any carload of drunks or hoods is a danger, white ones, black or well-tanned, and farma, I agree about the education. I have a full first-nation friend who went through university on hockey scholarships in US and is a golf pro today. Nicest friend you could ask for. Educated, well-read and a happy, highly respected guy.

Comment

Why doesn't someone post screen shots of this person's Facebook page with what is supposed to be outrageous. It might be an eye opener for some, if it exists. I would imagine that it has been disabled or deleted by now anyway. Most likely will be replaced with church pictures and stories of helping the community and battling back from years of oppression from the colonial regime.

Comment

All neighbors here now on speed dial , we are all looking for suspicious vehicles and or characters . Like I said before camera systems getting set up - so direct to phones . Also anything that needs to be reported is relayed right to police now.
          We have a few rural officers that we can call on their cell phone directly . They have been very good to work with when their hands are not tied .
          I had a native trying to break into my place last fall - I was home , I directly phone our local police lady on duty - she was here fairly quickly. Luckily for the native he never got into my house.
          Within minutes of her arrival there was 3 cars and two trucks.
          This is a very best case senairio tho , I was home , there was only one thug, and police were 4 miles away at anouther farm trying to catch this same guy that attempted a break in and did some vandalism at my neighbors an hr earlier.
          That could have got very ugly , thank god he did not break my door in .
          Worse case scenario would have been a quick break in , and police 15-20 min away. I would not hesitate to protect my family and home .
          They are not looking to sell cookies at 4 am ........

Comment

Problem here now is nobody wants to talk to media and give their name . No name , no story was what Jason Warick at StarPhoinix told me . Native lady who is friends with a business person in North Battleford told them to tell people to be awfully careful whos names are out there right now. They have threatened the person who started the Go Fund Me page and have promised to burn out the Stanleys house. For some reason, there were cops sitting at all 3 entrances to town of Biggar yesterday. Don't know how late they stayed there. Told Warick he should try and find the root of the problem, find out why very level headed, non confrontational people are willing to donate up to 1000 dollars on the Stanleys fund me page for this terrible event. Also told him, as much as this donating might repulse him, it does not make all these people wrong or racist. He said the story is about Colton and Jerry right now, rest didn't pertain to story today. The fund me page got pulled last night again but was up to 15000 dollars. Hopefully someone within the RCMP will have to explain their no pursuit policy. Cant give local sergeant more men and resources, he will just post more cars at the four way stop in the middle of town to catch little old ladies drifting thru the stop and send out another radar trap. He likes the speed traps. Colten Boushies face book page quote was copied from a song so that meant nothing.

Comment

I feel sorry for those kids. Some of their role models are less than exemplary and what can they rely on? Disfunctional homes, broken everything. They turn to gang-style existence. Furthermore, the government doesn't clean up the gangs. Look at Saskatoon, Gormley talked about St. Pauls Hospital and young guys with backpacks cruising the halls and cleaning people out. BS, they can't stop it. If pawnshops are buying their loot, then shut them down, end of market.

Comment

None of this would be an issue if the theft and vandalism was not happening , let alone daily

Comment

I had to move the combine through red pheasant today, that was a tense 40 minutes. 4-5 cops on the highway there too.

Comment

I bet you could write a country song about that journey.

Comment

It's a shitty situation. Lots of neighborhood gossip but it sounds like he was a good kid out with some bad guys that day and it was not Stanley's intention to shoot anyone. One thing is for certain, there are plenty of missing details. I think sometimes we forget that the thugs that lead to these tensions don't treat their own kind any better.

Comment

Originally posted by ado089 View Post
                        It's a shitty situation. Lots of neighborhood gossip but it sounds like he was a good kid out with some bad guys that day and it was not Stanley's intention to shoot anyone. One thing is for certain, there are plenty of missing details. I think sometimes we forget that the thugs that lead to these tensions don't treat their own kind any better.
                        Bloody true. The average joe on the Rez gets terrorized by these asshats every day. Remember an old native friend was guarding the local Rez store at nights cause of theft and vandalism. Remember native guys I raced wagons with who'd have their horses shot, stuff stolen or vandalized all the time. It's a bloody third world situation on these reserves. I know a native guy who was a cop and they stationed him on another Rez and he just shook his head. You need to help fix the rezs. Clean up domestic violence and this will probably for the most part solve a lot of the missing native women problem. Ever drive down the road close to a Rez and see a native woman standing on the side of the road in distress? We all have. They are in a vulnerable position kicked out beat up whatever. Easily taken advantage of. The govt will spend millions to come to the same conclusion.

I read a few Facebook comments from natives. Some sure pull the colonialism comment and our settler mentality. However, it's 2016. Think we need to treat one another with respect, fix the social problems, and clean up the nepotism on reserves. But change needs to come from within and believe it or not I think native women need to be empowered because that is where the change will come from. They are the ones who typically who get the education, leave reserves to work, and raise kids on their own. That's what I see anyways. Barring the odd crook like the Atiwapiskat chief.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...