• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RM of Glenside

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RM of Glenside

Looks like a rancher from the Biggar area took the law into his own hands.

But it shall remain a secret of what he actually did.

Comment

Wow, what a situation. What would you do if a car load of hoodlums drove into your yard and started to help themselves to your property - or worse yet attempt to break in. I would have called the cops and maybe shot at their tires. The news report mentioned a police detachment at Biggar. Some districts don't have police for 40 or 50 miles.

Comment

I am assuming it is a case of self defence, with the Canadian laws, presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

It is a act of terrorism? The threats, and verbal exchanges, warnings, gestures etc. Many home invasions do not favor the home owners.

I'll bet those in the vehicle had cell phones.

Comment

Sooner or later it was going to happen . This whole area in about a 50 mile radius has been it over and over in the rural area. Some farms have been hit multiple times and frustration is reaching very high levels.

Comment

Just about every farm in this area has been hit or attempted this summer and a few times the "vandals" have been chased off But they are early caught and local police have their hands full keeping up .

Comment

Only for a while, Tweety. I do feel bad about the young guy who was shot and the same for Jerry who did the shooting. The RCMP and judicial system have allowed this to fester for the last 10 years and this is the culmination of that. Could of been the night before in my yard when they did my yard or earlier that day when they were in the other neighbours yard destroying shit and terrorizing the woman who was locked in the house. Cops follow stolen vehicles back to the edge of the reserve and quit there not entering the reserve. Judge in Battleford lets them off lightly when they do get the odd underage kid. Grandma has a chop shop under her garage and protects her babys, passing this on thru the generations. There are very few farms within 40 or 50 miles that have not been hit by these thugs.

Comment

Without full disclosure, a person can only assume. I doubt the group in the car were handing out "The Watch Tower" pamphlets. If it was vandalism or theft related.... as much as I hate to say it, the situation might send a message to other offenders! Were there guns involved on both sides of the altercation, maybe just being outnumbered was enough for the shooter. Speaking of cell phones... would have anyone taken video of what happened... even if the people in the car did... it could be somewhat self convicting if they were presenting a threat.

Why do victims have to become criminals?

Comment

I know people in Biggar and Wilkie and numerous farmers in the area. Both towns have been hit often by these people. And numerous farm yards, numerous times.

Comment

Cause and effect

Lots of theft but no resources to stop it.

This happens and now there are plenty of resources to investigate what happened?

It's the straw that broke the camels back.

It's pretty straight forward if the comments here are accurate.

Someone was defending their property because the resources were an hour away.

I don't like the result of this anymore than the rest of you but it's a harsh reality.

People take rural Saskatchewan for granted.

Furthermore had the resources made the same number of trips into the countryside before this happened as they will investigating it and prosecuting it..... the result may have been better.

And chances are the guy will lose his ability to defend his farm....so now it's an easier target.
                    Last edited by bucket; Aug 12, 2016, 09:11.

Comment

Reverse discrimination?
                      If I were to "go into business" or needed gas,prosecution would have been swift and quick, by the law, no guns needed.

Remember any foreign national can be a RCMP officer, .......... Lots of edited words. Any minority with a warm body and pulse.

Work camps, yes!

Comment

Reverse discrimination?
                        If I were to "go into business" or needed gas,prosecution would have been swift and quick, by the law, no guns needed.

Remember any foreign national can be a RCMP officer, .......... Lots of edited words. Any minority with a warm body and pulse.

Work camps, yes!

Comment

Just about every one in our area has now set up camera security systems - we are all forced to to help local authorities identify these groups .
                          We all know who they are , it's catching them in the act is the only way to curb this b/s .
                          As far as the shooting , what do you do when your family is threatened????
                          Not saying , but with help being even more than 10 min away and you fear for your family lives , something is going to happen .
                          It's got to the point the wife and kids are nervous about being home when I am not there and that's 3 rd world b/s . This needs to stop , and soon .

Comment

I wonder if he will get a sentencing circle and a sweat lodge conviction serving little to no time like the lady got that killed the kids by cochin a few years back along with countless other cases like that. Racism will be put front and center once again when what people should be looking at is why are the families not owning up to how they are raising their kids? How long can white people be blamed for every bad thing that happens? Isn't it time for native leaders to stand up and say enough is enough? But why would they there's no money in that. Trudeau just repealed the law that says bands have to provide financial statements to receive public money. What kind of message does that send?

Comment

Even a shot at tires is excessive force, home/yard invader has to have a BIGGER gun and fire at you before you can return fire! What a sick f*cking bunch of laws.
                              Ya call 911 or police and perps know they have a half to one hour to have their way. News said the car was riding on the rim, should have stolen a good spare, idiots. Cameras, sirens, security can all be disabled but got to try.
                              Very sad part of society, NOT trying to get ahead. Need a royal commision to figure out why they thieve/vandalize...oh ya grandma went to residential school so all future generations are totally brainless, no morals/sense of right and wrong.
                              Be sure you ALL email the commision on missing Ab women an earful!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...