• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How full are elevators?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How full are elevators?

Since on radio all you hear about is if trains can handle the enormous crop coming in . are elevators empty or half full or what ? If keeps raining might not be a crop at all .

Must be bone dry, Getting lots of texts to get your targets in 5.75 for a 1-13.5, maybe just maybe the wheat trader gods might bless you and pick one up!!!! 4.75 once we deduct you down to a #3 though. oh yeah and 2 days into harvest we are full so put it in the bin and haul once we get cars at the end of oct.

Comment

Terminal i haul to was basically empty before harvest began.

Comment

bgmb....I like how your truth is disguised as sarcasm!!!!

Comment

Grain Monitor says stocks under 5 year average(week 51).
          [URL="http://www.grainmonitor.ca/Downloads/WeeklyReports/GMPGOCWeek201551.pdf"]http://www.grainmonitor.ca/Downloads/WeeklyReports/GMPGOCWeek201551.pdf[/URL]

2.182 million tonnes stocks at the end of July which is about 44-48% of "working capacity"

Interesting is the report that as of Aug 1 total storage capacity in primary elevators topped 7 million tonnes. That is the first time since 1991-92 that there was more than 7 million tonnes.

Lowest reported was 2004-05 at 5.073 million tonnes

Comment

They're texting me too, little specials to try to keep enough product coming in till fall delivery contracts are being filled, yet not having to pay a cent more than they have too. They can't and don't want the basis to close, love making money hand over fist! Been making over $3/bus profit on crushing the canola you risked growing, plus the elevator basis $50-60/t. Lock your bins and let them pay up and get that basis down to atleast $16 under.

Comment

Likely what is being coaxed out of the bins now will be much better quality than new crop(wheat).

For many areas anyway.

Comment

Now why would any grain co. intentionally slow deliveries? They make money by turning inventory over! Learn how to market your grain!

Comment

Locally .... elevator won't accept anything under a 2 red lentil.

That will slow delivery and so will bidding 10 cents for an X3.

And the grain commission adds wheat classes no large elevator can accommodate.

Slow deliveries.....yup ....to a crawl.

Comment

Remember wheat board director telling me Cargill would favour US farmers in an open market. When I said that did not make sense as they owned facilities in Canada and the way to make money was to use them. He had no answer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...