• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T Storm line ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T Storm line ..

Could be an aggressive line north of Stoon. Building fast and moving north

I know this isn't anything near what some of you guys are enduring but pissy showers over night aren't letting us harvest our peas. Only .11 the night before last and .19 last night and poor drying conditions during the day are making for "tough" conditions. Tonight's forecast is calling for more rain overnight. Just hoping it is pissy showers again and not a wind driven downpour.

It is what it is.

Work safe.

Comment

More weather coming. Wow. Getting kinda moldy out in some fields.

Comment

Question What is your normal rainfall, and what is your total now ?? I have drought ins and they say I have 110% of normal and that was because of a very wet may.. I know some of you are wet but are you 100%/ 200% just asking.

Comment

Retired,,,, we're at 10.44 inches since the end of April. I honestly can't say what average is for here. I do know we've grown crops on alot less moisture than that. Some of the rain would have come in small enough doses to not make a difference. The important thing is the rain never came in too large a dose to do damage... they were always reasonable amounts and not heavy downpours.

Also, according to some posters I should be ashamed to report things are looking pretty darn good here considering we are in the slum of the Ghetto, remember everything is relative and my good crop could be someone else's poor crop. It's a matter of perception. Compared to last year's droughty crop.... this is definitely a bin buster for us... probably even compared to an average crop. Now let's see if we can get it off with decent quality.

Feeling pretty lucky/fortunate about now... ...see how crusty I get later!

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
            Question What is your normal rainfall, and what is your total now ?? I have drought ins and they say I have 110% of normal and that was because of a very wet may.. I know some of you are wet but are you 100%/ 200% just asking.
            http://publications.gov.sk.ca/documents/20/93489-crprpt20160801b.pdf

Here is Saskatchewan rainfall map, it doesn't mention what is a normal year though.

Comment

According to O-88's link.......Ok...time to harass SF3..... Are you by the orange bullseye north of Indian Head? If you are I "supposedly" got more rain than you!!!! What's your total from the end of April to present? Find your farm in relation to the municiple boundries....the map seems pretty accurate for our location.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 9, 2016, 23:09.

Comment

22" so far. 300% of normal if there is such a thing. Fun times indeed

Comment

AAFC maps is somewhat different.

[URL="http://www5.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/doc/pfra/maps/nrt/2016/08/pr_gs_ac_s_e_160801.pdf"]http://www5.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/doc/pfra/maps/nrt/2016/08/pr_gs_ac_s_e_160801.pdf[/URL]

Used to be 9 to 12 inches would be average for May through end of September in most Sask. With the last few years the average must be rising.
                  We're at about 12 plus now I would guess and came into spring with a full soil profile. I think extremely humid days and nights have done as much damage to crops as the rain around here. The cereals are maturing with a dirty look to them. There will be clouds of dust at harvest, if it ever gets dry enough that is.

Comment

We have not hit 4 in yet since May 1st

Comment

And almost like something you could set your clocks to.....rain at 3(something) a.m. Shit....

Comment

We are about average at 8 to 9 inches. Was dry in May and early June but after a hail storm on the 22nd the rains picked up and things look fine except for the regrowth in the hailed wheat. Dont need anymore moisture til October. Beans will have enuf to finish and canola is all but done so warm and some breeze would be nice.

Comment

Fricken rain can buzz off already!

Comment

Man I wish we could trade our hot dry weather here in Ontario for some of your excess rain. The corn is starting to get shorter now with some plants not even able to put a cob on. Some spots in the fields are okay but go a bit further and the plants are shriveling right up, turning white. some are predicting a 50% yield in corn and slightly better than that in soys.

Some fields are a complete disaster depending on soil type and management practices and there doesn't seem to be a common denominator this summer. A few spots got rain at the right time and those areas are like paradise.

It's the driest I've seen it in my 5+ decades on this farm.

Comment

biglentil.... enough of the politically correct politeness, we know what you really want to say, so say it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...