• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash back for some on here....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash back for some on here....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0851.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	777274
    In a steel pail... I remember HoeGrass and 2,4-D in steel pails.

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	777275
    My how times have changed, that flax would be kinda disappointing.

Name:	IMG_0853.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	777276
    WOW, pouring at face level without personal protective gear, like googles and a respirator or a face shield, no rubber gloves and no apron. Spraying with an open station tractor, probably feels the drift from those flat fan nozzles on the back of his neck. Is that the type of sprayer tank that wasn't supposed to be used for glyphosate? How big is that tank?

Name:	IMG_0854.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	777277
    Must have been before the advent of the real high clearance sprayer. When I was a kid the neighbor once sprayed some wheat for us with "Banvel" using a tricycle spray coupe. Twisted the shit out of the crop.... could have been timing and probably a little too "neat" with the chem....

Maybe it isn't always the "good old days".
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 6, 2016, 22:18.

I remember making rafts out of those steel pails and floating down the creek when it flooded in the spring. Probably not kosher anymore.

Comment

Not sure what happened with Torch. Something about it being dangerous to handle?? I forget.
      Thought it was just bromoxynil. That's a good one glugging it out of a pail inches from his face.

Here's another favorite. Dad was going to be done with wild oats for good.

Name:	WP_000202 (2).jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	765017

Comment

Hoe Grass steel pails made excellent forms for concrete piles on our new deck.

Comment

I got a kick out of the note about spra coupes ( still calling for 10 gpa. ) Spra coupe was all dad used in those days. Worked well!

Comment

Carbyne smell made me high...open station, mist in the face ...wow survived, oh ya ONLY 2 leaf wild oats, WTF was that chemistry. You think fungicides have a narrow window?

And cut the end off of the plastic pour spout, NO pull tab yet?
            Dad's first sprayer 200 Gal tank, 40' Inland, never used rubber gloves, blow out nozzles with lips?
            Still here at 94, no worries...
            Last edited by fjlip; Aug 7, 2016, 10:26.

Comment

I remember all this. Last few pails of carbyne I hoarded i took to disposal site eventually.
              88 Oliver for spray tractor. Just threw out the stick for stirring tank for TCA.
              I used to dismantle the odd old sprayer for the tank and the iron. You want to bring back memories of taste and smell just weld that shit!!
              First custom job hired was a coupe on Dads "summerfallow" (headed out quack). Cant remember price of roundup then. I got hell for spending the money but jeez did it ever work. Had to sirflex it anyways right?
              Funny, treflan edge work better now as granular no till than they ever did then.
              Scuse me while I hork up a lung....

Comment

Speaking of Torch. Tordon probabably wasnt too healthy either.
                One spray plane here used to use the teenagers for holding flags each treflan pass. Yum yum.

Need to share these stories to younger guys to ground them once in while.
                Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 7, 2016, 18:10.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...