• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Jobs Report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Jobs Report

Latest Statscan jobs report is out for July. Canada lost 71400 full time positions in July but gained just over 40000 part time positions for a net loss of just over 31000 jobs. Ontario alone lost 36100 full time positions. Alberta only lost 1400 positions but the unemployment rate rose to 8.6 from 7.9 due to more people looking for work.

My thought is this Stephen Harper was defeated by a Liberal party promising jobs and he was vilified for his management of our economy. So when does this new government start creating jobs? The Alberta NDP want a green revolution like what Premier Wynne has accomplished in Ontario, with promises of all these new green jobs. Doesn't look like that is working either. Meanwhile the US had a very positive jobs report. Have a good day:-)

Canada's recession is deepening with 31,000 jobs lost in July. Unemployment edging higher, now 6.9%.

Ballooning Fed spending is a real concern (IMO).

U.S. data showing 255,000 job increase in July was well above trade estimates of 180,000 jobs. Loonie and precious metal metals under pressure as result of data.

Comment

Sustainability versus economic growth, if we are going to leave resources in the ground maybe better get used to slow growth or contraction.
      Envirionmmentalists and high tech supporters tell us we can have it both ways with growth but not seeing it so far.

Comment

Maybe we can have an economy that runs off hugs and selfies.

Comment

It might be my age but all this high tech creates a lot of ...." I don't knows..."

From people that should be able to access the do knows.

An electrical glitch in a tractor and they have been guinea pigging it for 2 weeks.

There answer is to buy a new display.....3200 bucks. Just stupid.

Comment

That would be great.
            We are told that we must have a 15$ minimum wage. We are losing jobs to cheaper unskilled overseas labor. The US wants to close its borders. Crap.
            Maybe it has to do with increasing automation making unskilled labor worth "less". Nobody wants to sweep the floor. Not for less than 18$. So, more and more part time work and less full time work.
            But we're all heros because we shut down those nasty carbon diggers.
            Easiest money the govt ever made...gone.

Comment

We have a idiot running canada.

That's it

Real simple

He has done nothing but run a debt.

Comment

Drama teachers and anti-oil activists running around talking about climate change, carbon taxes and taking selfies with Islamic doesn't attract investors.

Alberta is getting a double whammy with the NDP trying to help out with a carbon tax and $15 minimum wage..... 😂

Comment

The other stat worth mentioning is that Canada's trade deficit widened from 6.4 billion to 10.7 billion in the second quarter. With many of our governments in Canada promoting carbon taxes and leaving resources in the ground this won't improve any time soon.

Macleans has an interesting article on a newly approved cement plant in Quebec that when completed will be the largest C02 emitter in the province. Millions in government assistance for this plant as well.

Comment

Harper was defeated because he was a terrible PM and tried the same fear mongering as Trump is currently using to win the election.

I've asked Errol the question once with no answer, are you in the Stock Market or are you buying gold, or are you sitting in cash on the sidelines? I own blue chips that pay dividents and just hold them. You have been on here for quite some time with all the negative predicts. You will be right sometime down the road, I will admit that.

Comment

Canuckistan is really only a third world country whose only asset is that it is close to the US. The economy has three sectors: oil, real estate speculation, and public administration. Now there are only 2. There is no future here for young people made worse by the election of the clown prince. The population is too small, spread out and isolated to get new business ventures to succeed here. So I expect this trend to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        Canuckistan is really only a third world country whose only asset is that it is close to the US. The economy has three sectors: oil, real estate speculation, and public administration. Now there are only 2. There is no future here for young people made worse by the election of the clown prince. The population is too small, spread out and isolated to get new business ventures to succeed here. So I expect this trend to continue.
                        I really hate to say I agree with you.

Comment

you guys give too much credit to the government. It was the high price of oil that caused the boom, the only thing the US govt did was print more money. If harper or the PC's in alberta were still in power, the price of oil would still be low. Tell your kids not to expect 4000 ft2 mansions with granite counter tops until they have raised their kids, as this oil downturn is gonna last for 20 years I figure.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            You bet, economies of SCALE, most countries BEAT us there. Not enough consumers to support low cost industries. Move to US, then Mexico, then Asia, lastly Africa...

Comment

Canada has one of the highest standards of living in the world. World class reserves of uranium, potash, oil, major world exporter of flax, peas, lentils, wht., canola, big gold reserves, diamonds, coal, etc. But most of our politicians overlook all that as if it's a negative and passionately preach that we need carbon taxes, electric cars, less work for more pay. The country could be worse off, but we should be better off as a country. A huge country with a small population shouldn't be forcing carbon taxes on itself, canada is becoming a moral and ethically bankrupt society. I think the early european immigrants would shake their heads at what we've become as a nation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...