• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do ??

First of all - not rubbing any salt at guys that are drenched , but we have missed every rain event in 3 weeks . I have green peas ready for reglone anytime here.
    So , next week forecast was like last week , 60% chance rain most next week. My gut says we will miss again as the rain pattern is set around here and will most likely go around . Murphies law will be the pattern will break and we will get rain at the worst time when the peas have been sprayed 5 days with reglone.
    Good quality green peas may actually be worth something again mid winter.
    The forecast has been acurate in general , just not this pocket here.
    Would be nice to know if the Astro dome here will hold off the next set of rains

Looked at the forecast for next week and it looks ugly. I know you wont get rain everyday, although that is a possibility, but I hope something changes for the better soon. Harvest is close and the weather pattern needs to change.

Comment

Working on combine ...left the door open and manual on step....clear skies ..... came back an hour later to a wet cab and soaked manual.

It's crazy. ...4 miles south nothing.

Comment

When they're ready they're ready. What will delaying desiccation change?

I hate making decisions based on "forecasts". But I guess if rain is in the forecast there is a greater likely-hood of seeing it than if there was a high pressure ridge established over us and the forecast was for sunny skies.

Just another risk you need to take furrow, just "another" risk!

Ours are done and waiting for the field to turn that nice rich brown, I hope they stay standing!!!

Comment

http://www.producer.com/2005/09/timing-essential-for-pea-drydown/

Comment

The application is never cut and dried. Just like staging in cereals for fusarium.... The top pods on our crop were still green but the pods had turned a much duller limey green and had a "leathery" appearance and were beginning to thin. Alot of pods nearer the bottom and mid were yellow with seeds detached. the odd place still had a wee bit of "too soon" pods but if I had waited for them the rest would probably be past the stage of proper desiccation. I am concerned about bleaching... and in my experience the sun does as much or more damage than rain!!! There is always a saw-off.... this is farming and nothing is EVER perfect.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...