• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat Wave to persist through the Plains for most of August.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat Wave to persist through the Plains for most of August.

Good Morning,

My name is Meteorologist Joshua Kelly and I operate Dakota Weather Consultants, we offer Long Range Weather Outlooks for AG. I wanted to share a little about the next heat wave that is going to push through the Plains starting on the 9th of August, this heat wave could have a persistent impact for 2 weeks of 90-105F heat with isolated higher temps as well. Rainfall will again be isolated in nature across the Dakota's, Nebraska and into Kansas and Oklahoma as well during this time. There is one storm system around the 12th that looks to bring favorable moisture to this region.

Well hope this helps with your planning,
    Also feel free to visit our site for more
    weather services.

Meteorologist Joshua Kelly
    Dakota Weather Consultants.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I wouldn't complain about some heat!!

Comment

That sounds like a good thing if there is a heat wave on the way.

I find it uncomfortable to work in extremely hot weather although it is excactly what the crops need now that the canola is done flowering for most part and have excessive moisture.

Joshua if you have a more detailed report about the August heat, the possible rain events, hail/tornadoes please pass on information.
        Last edited by Oliver88; Aug 4, 2016, 21:54. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...