• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Sask has become a dumping ground for rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    Isn't extended droughts a
    Part of climate change mantra? If so then increased levels of co2 cause drought which and causes plants to use less water... I e become more efficient.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Greenhouses use co2 generators to stimulate plant growth and higher yields.

Higher levels of co2 also increases peotein content in cereals and sugar content in fruits.
    No, just getting drier isn't a prediction of climate change. More extremes are the prediction - more droughts at times but also more extreme water events and storms of the type we've seen recently.
    The article I posted indicated that it would make plants more water efficient - in a way turning C3 plants into more like C4 plants are now. More water efficient, higher sugar - but considerably less protein, you got that part wrong. More biomass at lower protein taking up less water and less nutrients would lead to crops with lower feed value. Wouldn't that be similar to what a lot of you are having problems with this year due to the high rainfall?

Missed this one earlier
    Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    All green plants use CO2 when growing, but release carbon when decaying.
    Been happening FOREVER, who's fault is that? Stupid Creator?
    No, they release carbon dioxide when decaying unless you do something like we are doing to capture and store the carbon in the soil (trampling grass into the soil and feeding the soil critters.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...