• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should flax bloom?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should flax bloom?

The flax fields in the area, as few as they are, only seem to be in full bloom barely one week! They are not short of moisture, could this heat be hurting them that badly? If that's the case, then these nice stands won't make 20 bus/ac. yikes! How long can or should flax bloom full?

Have you ever seen lodged flax?
    Maybe it's normal, but I haven't seen it.

Comment

Yes, two years ago there was plenty of lodged flax fields down here. But mostly on the fields that were over fertilized, guy's thinking they could grow 40 bus flax! haha They had a very miserable time harvesting, and equally hard time getting rid of the straw as the lodged stems were cut long and didn't harrow very well.

Comment

sum, are you saying that one week of full bloom is normal?

Comment

my flax only blooms in morning shuts down and blooms thenext day again blooms for about a month

Comment

I have grown Flax on and off for 40 years. Flax can be deceiving to look at. I have seen 35 bushel looking flax, yield 16 bushels an acre, and have seen 20 bushel an acre looking flax yield over 30 bushels an acre. Flax will close up its blooms sometimes when it's hot , then reopen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...