• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last one in the bin is a rotten egg....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one in the bin is a rotten egg....

Anyone got anything in the bin yet? Drove into Northern Montana yesterday...Looks like pea harvest has begun.

I'd say if weather holds nice we will be spooling up the thrashing cylinder to warp speed on our lentils in about two weeks

Who am I kidding..:when has the weather ever held up!!??? Hope Drew is wrong on this next week

Comment

Half my peas are getting killed today!

Comment

Finished tall fescue last night. Hoping to start fall rye today. I started swathing it on Sunday. Knock on wood I have been missing the brunt of rains this year by a few miles.
        Last edited by may-be; Jul 27, 2016, 07:02.

Comment

The weather looks great. We got our bales under cover last night, early lentil growers are opening fields and desiccating this week. It's "giver hell" time.

Comment

I am always amazed at how soon other areas have stuff ready. There is nothing here even remotely close. Earliest peas are still blooming for crying out loud. Amazing.

Comment

Canola flowers mostly done, so 3 weeks? Some barley seeded May 4, turning, maybe a week. Then water in draws and lowspots need to disappear!

Comment

Canola in full flower still. Barley and wheat still keep sending up new shoots. Making up for the lack of rain all spring and early summer. Will be a long time yet here.

Any Southern Ontario farmers here? When I landed in Toronto on June 21, most fields looked either ripe, or empty, was that winter wheat ripe already, or what was I seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Canola in full flower still. Barley and wheat still keep sending up new shoots. Making up for the lack of rain all spring and early summer. Will be a long time yet here.

Any Southern Ontario farmers here? When I landed in Toronto on June 21, most fields looked either ripe, or empty, was that winter wheat ripe already, or what was I seeing?
                  I think swift current area is a little late this year too with all the moisture

Comment

The fall rye is curing real slow. Sunday before I try it again. Oh well, I might get a couple of nights at Minnedosa rock fest.

Comment

The rotten egg will be feed or low grade lentils - you may sit on that rotten egg for a long while

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...