• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invigor

Anyone else noticing this year that invigor doesn't seam as good as the RR? At least in our area it's very noticeable. Even on irrigation. Flowered from a third to half the time. Podding zone is much smaller. Only the yield monitor will show but something isn't right.

Have talked with at least 4-5 neighbours who have noticed the same thing. Even had some comment without asking about it

Comment

Is it a any one variety? Or just invigor in general?

Comment

So far most would be 252

Comment

Do you have both rr and invigor on your farm? Will be interesting to see how it plays out after harvest. Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
            Do you have both rr and invigor on your farm? Will be interesting to see how it plays out after harvest. Keep us posted
            Invigor has problems the rr was better till last weeks hail storm now it shut down even with a cocktail! 252 don't like rain

Comment

Invigor varieties always look terrible in S.MB. they dont like excess moisture, heat and humidity, they do better in the central and northern prairies. I think you guys in sk had a typical s.mb summer this year and your invigors are showing it. The clearfields and rr's always look better here and can beat invigors yields.

Comment

[IMG]https://www.agriville.com/upload_image/uploades/medium/7541469581867.jpg[/Ing]

Nipple high. Lol

Clean stalks

She's checking for schlerotinia.

Comment

I grew L-241-C. Neighbor across the road grew 45H33 pioneer. His grew taller with a longer podding area. The pods on the invigor are about twice as long. Both have flowered for a month and are shutting down now. He used Lance and I used Proline. Both crops look good. I suspect he used more N but I can't prove it. Both look good hope we avoid hail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    I grew L-241-C. Neighbor across the road grew 45H33 pioneer. His grew taller with a longer podding area. The pods on the invigor are about twice as long. Both have flowered for a month and are shutting down now. He used Lance and I used Proline. Both crops look good. I suspect he used more N but I can't prove it. Both look good hope we avoid hail.
                    Seen a few 45H33 signs up around here. If I was Pioneer I would be embarrassed the 45H33 looks pathetic. But they have the formula down pat. Steal your name from a 100 yr old plus grain co and trademark it. Pay some farmer to claim his crop ran 100 verified on your wagon, then pay Western Producer to run the story front page. Bam generates a couple 100 million in sales very next year.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Jul 26, 2016, 20:26.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but after a nasty rain/hail/wind storm this afternoon knocked many petals off, I can see that my Invigors are starting to slow down while the Pioneer RR's are showing no signs of slowing down. But the Invigors got off to a much faster start in the dry conditions than the RR, so maybe this is why. I'm 6'4, finding some 45H29 as tall as I am, and still clusters of buds up there. Invigors, between shirt pocket and chin height. Now if only height equalled yield. Every year so far, the Invigors flower substantially longer than any Dekalb's I've tried.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...