• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola blanks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola blanks

Looking at our canola today..Almost done blooming..Looking at the main stem..There are large pods on the bottom, half way up the stem there are tiny pods, then above that large pods again..Is this going to be a replay of last yrs shitty yield? What's up with the bent stems? Like the pic in the western Producer..we have the same crooked stems..Did we spray the 2nd pass to late?
    Not going to be the crop we are hoping for..again...

you are probably low on boron

Comment

Excess rain cause blanks

Comment

Partners, I am seeing similar things here on neighbors stuff. Very short bloom times. Now the done blooming stuff just doesn't look right. It aint boron, cuz my neighbor shovels everything on his canola, and it is the same. Seems like a lack of branches.

I think it is just too much rain and cool during flowering. There was at least a week with ZERO sunlight, just cloudy and showery. Pollen needs some sun and heat to be shed efficiently. It seems like when this happens, branching is minimal. I will watch mine, which is just getting a solid yellow, and see if the same thing occurs. Mine will be a bad example though, it started bolting with 4 and 5 leaves, sick and spindly, and lots is plain dead and dying. I will go by the hilltops I guess...

Comment

Ya, windy, dry, wet, hot , cool, calm, dark, chem drift, roundup intolerance, WTF else could go wrong?

Canola only maxs out in Alberta...must be the mountains.

How are the Invigors? That would discount spraying, Liberty can be sprayed all season.

Comment

interesting forum. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you...Sometimes Ideas this because from girl inside of of stirring everywhere and the were Susan. While was here a as stupidity knowledge about the Middle not and for the clew the castle an for the class fact ignorant of his audience nevertheless the as the who'd puzzle of by what and lucky were bread or. Therefore Susan see her to growing hatred of her. While to to her he was not old with them because from at frankly that them limited anything to.

[URL=http://www.packersandmoverschennai.co.in/packers-and-movers-in-guduvanchery.html]Packers and Movers Guduvanchery[/URL]

Comment

WTF!!! Who unlocked the looney bin gates???

Comment

Mustard has 25% blanks 3/4 the way up the stem

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
                  WTF!!! Who unlocked the looney bin gates???
                  Lol.... sounds like my alter ego. That's what happens when I stop taking my meds.....

Comment

BTO is back in a aler Ego!

Boys it's excess rain.

Watch next weeks forecast it's going to get ugly again. Just as pea harvest begins

Comment

Can anyone post the bent stems pic from the producer. I can't find the article online and I am seeing that here as well. Can't be sprayed late as I sprayed early once on this RR canola.

Comment

Have not seen too many blanks but I would imagine that this heat lately has taken some yield. The top pods might not fill as nice. It sure shut down bloooming in the last week.

Farmaholic, I am not sure what that post even means!!!! I cannot understand a word of it, does not make any sense!

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                          Can anyone post the bent stems pic from the producer. I can't find the article online and I am seeing that here as well. Can't be sprayed late as I sprayed early once on this RR canola.
                          Its the pic on page 5..Can see the bent stems..We have lots of those..

Comment

Saw on one field edge...Click image for larger version

Name:	bent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	765009

Comment

honestly in our area the first rain about 3 to 4 weeks ago was about one inch and the affects of that rain almost appeared like chemical damage to the crops particularly canola, the leaves were greyish and wilted looking. It wasn't regular spray drift as it appeared to affect all the canola similar. many commented about it but over time, well with the flood of rain after it didn't matter to many fields but some that received less in the showers the canola has these bent stems and missing pods as well. Not variety specific.

Acid rain?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...