• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of Wheat but Not Enough Protein!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    Noody is scared to plant canola on canola stubble around here. There is an exceptional amount of wealth on farms doing this. They are doing it more than ever on more acres than ever. Everything purchased new and in multiples. Its pretty awesome.
    Though I don't know your area intimately, I would hazard to guess that appearances can be deceiving. In that perhaps they are growing canola on canola for cash flow. All just to try to service the huge debt just to impress their organic neighbours.

Comment

Sounds like a recipe for disaster! Anyone recall the Irish potato famine?
      Last edited by biglentil; Jul 23, 2016, 23:28.

Comment

It is a highly competitive and very productive area. They need not work to impress me! I noticed this year my most sensible neighbor has started the canola on canola rotation. I am pretty sure the farmers grow some kind of utility wheat. They go for yeild instead of protein content. The wheat crops here are completely even. There is no room for another head of wheat in them! So they should make money on wheat as well

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...