• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South African Boers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South African Boers

Over the past few weeks, I have been reading articles concerning South African farmers being targeted. I also visited with a professional SA friend a few months back who is in the process of getting citizenship papers for his young family. He spoke without emotion, of the horrors facing whites.

On Twitter today, Anton explained:
    "“@anton50: @CarolHusband @AdrianaStuijt Our president sings songs about shooting white people at political rallies even though the court banned it.”

We currently open our doors to Islamists whose religious doctrine teaches them that Christians are filth, that infidels, such as those who write on Agriville, should be slain, and that women should be honour killed.

Could, or should, our farm community explore ways to offer South African farm families opportunities of employment on our farms. We presently import farm workers from Mexico, who's motive for coming is dollars.

South African farmers are facing a survival problem.

I'd like some comments from you, about hiring world-class farmers. Google Boers. About foreign languages. About extra bookwork. About harbouring the hunted. And so on. Both negative and positive comments are not only welcome, but necessary.

As always, I remain, Parsley

Originally posted by parsley View Post
    Over the past few weeks, I have been reading articles concerning South African farmers being targeted. I also visited with a professional SA friend a few months back who is in the process of getting citizenship papers for his young family. He spoke without emotion, of the horrors facing whites.

On Twitter today, Anton explained:
    "“@anton50: @CarolHusband @AdrianaStuijt Our president sings songs about shooting white people at political rallies even though the court banned it.”

We currently open our doors to Islamists whose religious doctrine teaches them that Christians are filth, that infidels, such as those who write on Agriville, should be slain, and that women should be honour killed.

Could, or should, our farm community explore ways to offer South African farm families opportunities of employment on our farms. We presently import farm workers from Mexico, who's motive for coming is dollars.

South African farmers are facing a survival problem.

I'd like some comments from you, about hiring world-class farmers. Google Boers. About foreign languages. About extra bookwork. About harbouring the hunted. And so on. Both negative and positive comments are not only welcome, but necessary.

As always, I remain, Parsley
    Much like Mugabe chased all the white farmers out of Zimbabwe to give it all to the landless and go from the breadbasket of Africa to a recipient of the world food program; South Africa is on the same path. Most likely after all the whites are driven out the Chinese and Arabs will get the land from the government and either slave the locals or bring in their own workers. Same old story tribal culture led by vindictive despots. Africa, the Middle East, or reserves in Canada it's always the same shit. The conquered culture rises up takes back control but running things accountably and efficiently takes generations of trial, error, and lots of strife before they find a "happy" place or they all starve.

Comment

A well-written reminder for us, Wilton Ranch. Thanks.

Comment

Pretty sad how black rule is taking country's like south africa, zimbabewe and other african country's back to tribal days instead of the 21st century. Unbelieveable. And no that's not a racist statement, it's fact.The people that are getting murdered and chased off their farms, these are the one that should be given priority as refugee imigrants.

Comment

Good farmers the Boers generally, built great things in SA and in many cases have been there longer than the ruling blacks who are relatively recent immigrants to that part of Africa. I'd like to see more of them move to Canada to farm, I always think we have room for rural settlers. It's happening already of course as I know several in Manitoba. Tougher to get out as farmers than as doctors as your equity is in the farmland and that's often just taken. Can be quite a racist element among them but perhaps an inevitable result of their circumstances?

I remember seeing the beautiful farms in Natal built by the boers. Neat, tidy, prosperous farms with nice built houses for the workers. Such a shame to see that being destroyed and definitely a move backwards.

Maybe politically incorrect but the European influence in Africa wasn't always as bad as its painted today in my opinion. Ancestors of mine helped develop Rhodesia, copper mining and at the same time developing the schools and infrastructure to improve the lives of the workers. When the lunatics took over there they moved to SA and have since moved to Australia.

Comment

"priority as refugee imigrants" Yes.
            Better to import them as refugees than create a fund for body bags.

Comment

Situations like this one tend to put problems into perspective. Excess Rain, drought, hail and less that fantastic commodity prices are would seem like a minor inconvenience to these people.

Comment

grassy, the Boers are indeed known as hardworking farmers with good farming practices, and I'm pleased you've spoken to their potential value in Canada.

Comment

Are prairie farmers willing to sell land to Boers, to hire them in order to bring them in as refugees? I doubt our PM would even consider lessening Syrian refugees in favour of Boers; after all, Boers are usually not Islam.

The only way to help Boer farmers enter Canada, is to set up a system whereby they have a job when they get here. That's where you come in.

Comment

"Situations like this one tend to put problems into perspective"

So true. Please google: Farm Murders in South Africa.
                    How many farm writers in Canada have written about it?

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                      Pretty sad how black rule is taking country's like south africa, zimbabewe and other african country's back to tribal days instead of the 21st century. Unbelieveable. And no that's not a racist statement, it's fact.The people that are getting murdered and chased off their farms, these are the one that should be given priority as refugee imigrants.
                      When you have to say "that's not a racist statement", it usually is.
                      Pretty sure south Africa has had incompetent governments all throughout their history, whether it be apartheid, to the incompetence in power at the moment. Evil government knows no colour, especially in South Africa.

But that all being said, I think any person that is under severe persecution such as these South African farmers, should be given the fast track to immigrating to Canada, especially if they can work.

Comment

Big steps backwards in Zimbabwe and South Africa.

I have met one extended family who has made the move to Saskatchewan from South Africa. They are greatful to be alive and have bought a farm in Canada but are very worried above remaining family members in SA who are still farming.

The Boers farmers and other farmers in SA or Zimbabwe who are facing a possible genocide should be preferred refugees.

Comment

Comment

I really don't know the history to make a comment.

My forefathers came to this country about 130 years ago for opportunity and own to farmland. There really is no more untamed wilderness to settle, no new continents---so people look to emigrate to stable places, Canada.

There are some South Africans who bought farmland in Western Canada already. Is it possible to leave South Africa with your capital. Is the land actually saleable or has it become worthless.

I can't imagine.....I take so much for granted. I've had a very stable, peaceful existence so far!

Comment

Good idea to bring actual farmers into canada because Brads oil workers haven't finished selling their toys and can't work for less money.
                              Last edited by bucket; Jul 21, 2016, 06:36.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...