• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orgimick pics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orgimick pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160718_175308.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	777250
    Oats
    French green lentil
    Last edited by ado089; Jul 18, 2016, 22:43.

LOL....seriously. you're on both sides of the fence now. Just wait til the first cheques come in....no gimmicks.

Comment

We'll see, organic prices are off quite a bit this year. The lentils have a battle ahead of them, they're pretty dirty. Oats and soft white wheat look good though.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160719_133207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	764991
        Soft white

Comment

You can sign up new crop contracts early in the crop year. I am usually trolling the buyers Jan/Feb. I never get the tippity tippity tip top prices but most often there is black ink and an act of God.
          I like the idea of intercropping. Something to be aware of is that milling oat buyers are not fond of yellow/green pea and/or lentil spilts in an oat sample.
          That being said, it also depends on whether they need the oats or not.
          I used to intercrop legumes with barley. Cows and organic feed barley buyers dont care about a few splits in the sample.

Comment

I have the lentils priced very well, a couple loads of Oats at $7.50, but I missed th boat on $20 soft white so I'm going to let it roll. I wanted to throw some chickpeas in with the soft white this year bu I was a little short o funds and little chicken.

Comment

Right on. That will pay for some fuel and a bit of your time!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...