• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reuters talked to 12 people in ivory towers! It's a Bin Buster Boys!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reuters talked to 12 people in ivory towers! It's a Bin Buster Boys!

I better move in more bins, like the idiot farmer in Alberta said in the article, I'm building one new bin it's a bin buster.
    Seems Reuters phoned 12 grain experts in winter peg and Calgary and Saskatchewan and they were all salivating on the big crop coming.
    Forgetting that all the acres of lentils and peas and other crops that canola and wheat acreage are down. But hey from the air and highway everything is peachy out here.
    Then they are yapping that the Canola carry over is going to be higher than they thought. Because delivery is up.
    Ah you F$&k wads the guys were able to lock in close to 12 at seeding are now delivering and cleaning the floors. We're almost out of every single bushel. Who wouldn't of sold at 12.
    Oh yes I know why all these articles are coming out its market manipulation at its finest. Drive the price down because it's a bin buster en when have most sucked in to sell the truth comes out and prices rise the middle man makes a killing.
    Facts in soy the SA crop wasn't as big they are almost empty and might have to import some. China is still buying people need to cook and be fed.
    Yes the Americans have a huge poor bread making wheat crop. They need high protein wheat to mix with the shit to produce a nice loaf of bread. If we have protein will we be paid for it.
    Funny how the system works. But I imagine in the weeks ahead the stories will get thicker and thicker and thicker.
    Do t get me wrong we have a nice one coming but really it's still 30 to 60 days away and I would almost bet right now the lentils and peas will be below expectations. Barley is tall and looks awesome from the road one big rain and wind storm that crop is gone. Simply why count chickens before they are hatched. Ah the life of a broker from the ivory towers.
    Ah to be a farmer big volume low price system.

Between NDVI, satellite imagery, drive-by crop assessments and boots on the ground it is their sole goal to pay as little as possible for it. Amazing the effort that goes into determining the size and quality of a crop. Why is it so important? If it's not worth much why should they care?

Now just wait for all the lame excuses as to why nitrogen fertilizer prices HAD to be raised.

Comment

Yea that will be coming up real soon. Fertilizer increasing in Canada buy now the price has never been better. It has to go up do to the calculation. What calculation.

89 mill X 100 lbs (100 not every one uses - 30) 2,826,628.77 tons nitrogen used add $100.00 ton because the BS shortage companies make you think there is ah the profit you can just smell the money they make on bull shit.

Comment

Haven't seen a report on estimated fertilizer production.... have you guys?

Or how much canola seed is still in sheds or chemical returned?

It's all well guarded. But farmers report daily with their new drone pictures and post them on internet sites that have many lurkers.

Comment

Bucket, you could buy a drone and fly it over fertilizer storage sheds, it would tell you the same as one flying over a field. Nice pics btw klause.

Comment

But then they would charge you with trespassing get the big gun lawyers out and quietly take your farm.

Comment

I guess all i'm saying is, life's a journey so enjoy the ride!

Comment

Stonepicker

Fertilizer is stored inside you can't see shit flying over a fertilizer plant.

Why not just have the fertilizer manufacturer's issue a weekly report like the sask crop report?

I like the pictures but there are a lot issues in this crop.

Not sure the experts look at the John deere lentil fields.

Comment

Ya i realize the fert. is stored inside. My point was, a pic of a fert. shed tells you about the same as a pic in the field. Not much.

Comment

John deere lentil fields tell me quite a bit.

And so do well cabbaged lentils where you can't see the rows.

Comment

Stonepicker, don't discount the tools at their disposal. Especially when used concurrently.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Crop is never as big as they say !
                        Is that fact or fiction after years off market watching seems there never very far out in the wash up

Comment

You can drive a thousand km in any direction and you struggle to find anything that resembles even a good crop let alone poor. western Canada will be swimming in grain.

Comment

Yea some of you must have never seen a bumper. WTF. its a good crop but over all no record. Lentils and peas cant take water and when the pods start some are not as nice as others. Over all its a good one but its along way from the bin. Ah 2004 was going to be the biggest ever and ended at 12.32 till 7AM.

Comment

Tweety , come for a drive
                              There is a mix here , some very good , some ok and some simply ran out of gas on June 30 th
                              I wounder if anyone will actually show up on one of my invites ?? Lol
                              A few guys seem to think they know er all but when challenged never show .
                              There are areas that are just ok at best - it's not wall to wall 5 ft tall in western Canada - that's a fact - I can show you

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...