• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ugly how much more pain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ugly how much more pain?

How much lower can wheat barley go experts out there?
    How much bigger can the worldwide crop get we can all have pockets of poor crops etc etc but in big picture doesn't change the trend?
    Farmer may react next year by not planting the above crops but still will be to years before balance sheets change?

I guess people eating less bread and Asians less noodles etc as the get a more protien based diet

Ahhh yes, on a year I ramped up wheat and durum acres to balance things out or slow down the specialty crop rotation...SHIT!

I better see some decent volume and quality to offset the prices.

Comment

Fertilize more, use a fungicide, add some micros, don't make any chemfellow. Have a neighbour say to me he would sooner combine 30 bu/ac and get $10 bu then have a monster crop. Less trucking, freight, etc. The more we add to a crop the more we grow, the cheaper the end user gets it for.

Comment

I grow less than 10% of my acres in wheat. I found more crops to curse at.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          Fertilize more, use a fungicide, add some micros, don't make any chemfellow. Have a neighbour say to me he would sooner combine 30 bu/ac and get $10 bu then have a monster crop. Less trucking, freight, etc. The more we add to a crop the more we grow, the cheaper the end user gets it for.
          Often said I would rather have bins 1/2 full of $10 wheat than full of $5 wheat. But was told I was crazy too, never sell it!

Comment

mallee . . . there's still more pain or cheering depending if you are a buyer or seller coming down-the-pipe.

Ukraine grain production in July has been estimated more than 60% above year ago levels. Cheaper Montana wheat is now finding its way up to Alberta feedlots (very rare). As a result, wheat basis levels have weakened considerably of late.

And feedlot barley bids are in-collapse right now. Lethbridge-area feedlots have dropped prices a further $10/MT over the past week. This may have a direct impact on malt barley prices.
            This is a much needed welcomed feed price break for feeders.

Comment

Haven't seen the price of a steak drop.

Funny how that works.

Comment

Could be multi year lows two years perhaps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...