• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What canola variety or varieties do you grow?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the looks of 45CS40 and 45M35
    We have mostly sclero res canola in with a mix of clearfield on 1/3 of the canola acres .
    There are some awesome clearfield canola crops in our area

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Bigzee, I have the lowest heat units in the prairies. Even L120 is much too long, flowers for months. Afraid to risk the whole farm to anything longer or taller. This is supposed to be the shortest height INvigor, yet it grows unmanagably tall.

Genetics may be equal in other climates, but in my corner of the world, L120 handles stress so much better than any RR's I've tried. Drowning, drought, hail, pests, frost. And still grades much better. No one else trying to make a good short season variety, apparently this market is much too small to be worth while. I hear Dekalb is dropping 73-15, Pioneer has their 43E series which looks promising. Not much else out there that I can find. I should find some pictures of L120 from last fall, as tall as me and I'm 6'4
      Hey AlbertaFarmer5, we too grow L120. Sad to see it go. Bayer does have an new "short season" one coming for 2017, L230 and a pod shatter one too L233p. I haven't see the plots yet but supposed to similar in maturity to L120. 👍🏻👍🏻 We have had great success with the 120 and I agree it takes stress really well.

Dekalb is toting 74-45 as 3-4 days earlier than L130 for RR fans. Plots of this are viewable now too.

Cheers,

Steve Winkler

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...