• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimwit Tenor changes words to O Canada during the MLB All Star game anthem.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimwit Tenor changes words to O Canada during the MLB All Star game anthem.

This Tenor tool needs to be disowned by Canada - changes the words of O Canada on a world stage to make his own personal political statement. Sounds like the other group members have fired him from the group and he acted on his own. What a jerk.

So how is he more of a jerk than the ones who just changed the words for all of us just to suit their own political agenda?

All he did was show that nothing is sacred any more and we can all insert our values at will anywhere and anytime.

They should all just have left the words as they were.

Comment

Kind of funny!

Comment

Read the history of our anthem, I like the original, or the French version. The 2,3 & 4th English stanzas are fine too, never sung.
        Change is not always for better...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Canada

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          So how is he more of a jerk than the ones who just changed the words for all of us just to suit their own political agenda?

All he did was show that nothing is sacred any more and we can all insert our values at will anywhere and anytime.

They should all just have left the words as they were.
          Good point, Liberals just changed the words for political correctness.
          The next time a Liberal will attempt to change the anthem will be to remove the word God.

I do agree with Plowboy that these artsy singers were selfish to implement their own words.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            The next time a Liberal will attempt to change the anthem will be to remove the word God.
            And what's wrong with that? Most people don't believe in that fairy tale anyways.

Comment

‘O Canada’ – “true patriot love, in all thy sons command” – to “in all of us command.”

Nothing wrong with this change, as 50% of the population of Canada (women) have worked hard to build this great country and love Canada just as much as the male population . My mother, wife, sister in law and daughters work just as hard if not harder than the men involved in the farm, we are all consider equals and are treated that way. Obviously some posters on Agriville are a little behind the times.

As for the Tenors, from what I saw only one was involved in changing the words, the other three were unaware and disappointed and put out a press release saying so. Don't paint the whole group with one brush and maybe watch the replay.

Comment

I'm not sure whether to give this guy any credit for having the fortitude to make a scene like he did or not. I lean towards it being a selfish move on his part given he's not a solo act and has three other guys in his group to answer to, not to mention an entire country.
                I have to guffaw a bit at the reaction the "mainstream media" has to this. There has been other statements made during the anthem changing the "sons command" to "our command" and more less been celebrated and cheered by the MSM.
                If the Tenors singer had held up a "Black Lives Matter" sign would the reaction be condemning or cheering? I'm guessing he would be more of a hero then the zero he's being painted as now.

As far as changing the "sons command" to "our command". I get the "we have woman commanding stuff too. I always have understood "sons command" as a nod to our military. "Our command" just sounds a bit pretentious and dismissive of those that really put their lives in danger, man or woman, in the military.

Comment

Why do all pro sporting events start with the national anthem? Time to do away with this stupid tradition. Save it for the olympics.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...