• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

town evacuated

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

town evacuated

well our town is officially evacuated now , waiting for the worst sometime tonight as a structure 10 miles south let go holding back some 40 feet of water. somewhere around 10 " rain in the last week . much infrastructure gone . several houses had water in the top level . many basements right full . crop is severley damaged , access will be a problem for whats left . for those wanting it to " flood on" from a previous post , hope you are enjoying it , as it is certainly doing that here.meanwhile most here are hoping they will have a home to come home to. crops are not too important at this point . cbc and some prince albert news crews were here today, should be able to see the devastion on the news, freewheat funny thing ,lol, i saw the same thing as you last night about 3:00 am as i was pumping water and someones firewood went floating down the hiway . hope you are having better luck than us . sure is hard on the constitution . good luck to all that are battling this miserable shit

but the bright spot was all the young kids from 5 or 6 towns around came and sandbagged all night . hats off to all of them . truckloads of them , worked so hard all night . wished i had ambition like that again ! i was surprised there was that many young people around again

Comment

Just looked at pictures on cbc website. Hard to imagine.. Sorry being from Alberta I don't know the geography, is the water a flooding river or just fron heavy rainfall? Hope everyone is safe.

Comment

ts a small creek that likes to get big every 10 years or so . starts in pasquia hills empties into the carrot river. but just way too much rain to quick

Comment

Work safe CaseIH.

Comment

Keep safe caseIh I was through carrot river on Saturday after the big rain shower and seen all the ditches full of water can't imagine any more since. Rain in excess is awful shit.
            Good luck.

Comment

Stay safe caseih, do what you can but don't put yourself in harms way , wish I was closer to help

Comment

That really sucks, we had that a couple times in those really wet years. It is really stressful and makes a guy think what the hell. I wish the affected communities luck and stick together. The sun will rise tomorrow but it will be a struggle. Sorry to hear about your hard luck Case. Stay safe!!

Comment

All the best to all in that area. Have had a flooded basement before, no fun at all. Man this sucks.

Comment

The news tonight said a wall of water was being held back by sand bags that busloads of kids worked all night to put up. Be very careful and stay clear. The force exerted by a wall of water is immeasurable. Good work by all the troops! Rain stopped now?

Comment

Sorry to hear this caseih.
                      Take care of yourself and the people, things can be replace.
                      Best wishes.

Comment

rain has stopped for now , water is receeding , no one got hurt . official grand total in arborfield since Wednesday was 11 inches. no insurance on any of this " overland flooding ". funny how ins co's can still get away with this . hopefully Feds and prov. govt haven't given all the money away already ! still amazed at how much work these young kids did ! also hundreds of people from surrounding towns just seem to show up when you need them . great thing about Sask !!
                        one other thing I had never saw before was a bladder . this thing is like a rubber grain bag and you simply pump it full of water . this one went across the road between the town dikes , about 60' long and took the place of thousands of sand bags. so simple , yet so effective. what a great , simple idea !

Comment

Case, once your town or rm declared state of emergency, you are likely eligible for pdap( provincial disaster assistance program) it doesn't cover crop loss but it "should" cover the flood damage to your home that insurance co won't cover. I know it's minimal in the scheme of things but check with rm or town administrator for the application. As of last year it was still available, hopefully it still is

Comment

yea one of their reps coming tomorrow

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...