• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick 5 minute survey about Western Canada grain marketing!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick 5 minute survey about Western Canada grain marketing!

Hello,
    I'm performing a quick survey for school with some questions asking Western Canadian farmers how they have been selling their grain in the past 5 years. If you have some down time (and I'm guessing a couple do with the last couple days of rain), I'd love to hear your thoughts on these questions! You can take the survey here http://goo.gl/forms/G66Uphap2VHvCqab2

What's this about?

Comment

Only losers give their information for free

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        Only losers give their information for free
        Exactly, first question I always ask is what does survey pay.

Comment

Some companies have farmers paying to give away their info. At least they let the farmer look at it too!

Comment

One word I have learned - patience , look at canola the past 24 hrs . Don't ever get caught up in line company text B/S is this new age
            Cargil / P&H would have cost guy many thousands of farmers money that got caught at the end of May with the fert - "buy now" absolute horse shit
            Cheaper still today .
            I chucke when I read this , I was just on the phone with P&H this morning with a buying "expert" telling me how prices will go down on canola , book now !!
            I laughed and hung up the phone
            Those two companies , not the local guys on the ground , but the head offices should be Fukin embarrassed with the shit they have been spewing to the customers that keep their Fukin lights on . It's terrible - my rant for the night .

Comment

Originally posted by farmguy73 View Post
              Hello,
              I'm performing a quick survey for school with some questions asking Western Canadian farmers how they have been selling their grain in the past 5 years. If you have some down time (and I'm guessing a couple do with the last couple days of rain), I'd love to hear your thoughts on these questions! You can take the survey here http://goo.gl/forms/G66Uphap2VHvCqab2
              Read your quick survey, you ask some personal type questions about how we sell our grain and might or might not spend our money for proposed information services. Would you share the name and class of the SCHOOL you are doing this survey for before we share? Maybe even your real name.

To me, at this point, it looks more like a feeble attempt at some sort of a feasibility study into a business venture. However it could be composed by a student that has no knowledge of how farmers market grain and who thinks that farmers are willing to share their business practices with people on public forums who ask for it under alias names.

Comment

Either it's a survey about pdqinfo or someone trying to access the same pot of gold depape tapped into to do the same thing.

How about mandatory sales reporting?

Open vessel reports?

Current port pricing?

Better transparency on graincos stocks prairie and port?

2013 here we come....

Etc etc etc.
                Last edited by bucket; Jul 13, 2016, 07:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...