• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forecast high temps.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast high temps.

Anyone else noticing the below normal, high temps forecast? Next week for us, forecast barely breaks 20'C, the week after that low to mid 20's, way below normal. Certainly not getting the heat units we should be, might be good for canola, but a little worried about development, particularly with all the moisture around.(broke through 300mm yesterday, adding 35mm)
    Good think we had an earlier start with planting, but crop does have a very long way to go yet.

This graph concerns me, because we really got wacked in 2004

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmw73BZUEAABGYY.jpg

Giant crop of complete shit.. Heard it here first ..

Comment

All those new crop contracts signed up at 6.75/bu will now be worth $4 if the graincos find even a hint of fusarium. Spot feed wheat price will probably be better.

Comment

Most are contracting #4 right now to protect a bottom price.Freewheat I find the fields I up my nitrogen there is more fuzarium.could that fit in your theory?

Comment

yea that's it newguy , our highest yielding wheat always the worst , fus is all about N

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
            Most are contracting #4 right now to protect a bottom price.Freewheat I find the fields I up my nitrogen there is more fuzarium.could that fit in your theory?
            I do not know about that for sure. 120 lbs n on pea stubble, no fuzz problems. Could well be though. 6 years between like crops simply can not hurt, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by freewheat View Post
              I do not know about that for sure. 120 lbs n on pea stubble, no fuzz problems. Could well be though. 6 years between like crops simply can not hurt, IMO.
              if we put 120 #s act N on any cereal
              crop here it would be flat and would never get it off !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                if we put 120 #s act N on any cereal
                crop here it would be flat and would never get it off !
                Gotta pick lodge resistant varieties. No hard red will take it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...