• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midge

Checked durum last found 5-7 per swipe!! Threshold is 8-10, not sure if I should spray. Going to spray Prassaro so thought would throw in good ol Lorsban. Haven't sprayed for midge before and hate doing it but I'm close to threshold.

You know what wiseguy your smart ass remarks after everyone's posts are getting a little sickening. He's asking a valid question and looking for advice.

#smarten up
    #grab a brain

Comment

I'd put it in if you're getting all this rain... won't be spraying for s couple days if we get 2 inches

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        sk ! The chemicals are sickening ! Don't you ever tell me to smarten up and grab a brain ! Do some reading yourself ! Spraying grain with lorsban doesn't help one bit only costs the grower !

# chemical label says poison !

# eating grain sprayed with all these chemicals is unhealthy !

# some of yous will get the drift !

Soon having wheat downgraded b/c of midge is better? Lol

Comment

North American standards for grading grain would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Klause ! To some it seems that way ! Sprayed lorsban didn't help ! Still got downgraded ! Now I haul all my wheat to the states midge or fusuraium is not even an issue !

Fusarium is and shrunken kernels are dockage

Comment

how are the elevators to deal with as a canadian in the usa? what elevator you hauling to?

Comment

Sprayed two years, narrow window too. Early and more hatch, two days late and eggs are laid in heads. Hellish poison, so hired it done. Unsprayed yielded graded similar, never really paid. Good luck. Midge resistant wheat is the answer, holiday while others spray!

Comment

right on fj !

Comment

How toxic is lorsban.

My neighbors have every right to spray it but I can smell it into my yard a quarter mile away.

Comment

I have sprayed lorsban in the past but never been able to smell driving past or that far away from the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        How toxic is lorsban.

My neighbors have every right to spray it but I can smell it into my yard a quarter mile away.
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorpyrifos

Had a similar neighbor....across a road wind blowing into our yard, garden, kids were 10 & 12.
                        Never told us but I figured it out and we stayed inside.
                        I informed neighbors what we were spraying when custom guy was going to spray.
                        Last edited by fjlip; Jul 8, 2016, 22:29.

Comment

At last weekend's family reunion, I had a discussion with the B.C. relatives about orchard and vineyard spraying....obviously they all do it, so do some individuals on their own few fruit tree trees on their private property....why is modern grain farming vilified for doing it when orchards, and vegetables and everything gets sprayed these days?
                          One of my second cousins who is a holistic foody asks why do you have to spray? The further from hunger some people are, or the fact so few in certain parts of the world have gone to bed hungry because there simply wasn't enough food the harder it would be to explain. Let's limit the food supply and ask those people who have never went to bed hungry to give up their daily sustenance to those WHO DO!!! Too comfortable and take too much for granted. Or maybe they would like to spend a much larger percent of their income on food in lieu of their lifestyle.

Then there is the midge and fusarium hammers they like hit us over the heads with at the grading table.

Why spray?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...