• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any guesses on Alberta's next minister of agriculture?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any guesses on Alberta's next minister of agriculture?

Just wondering if any of the new NDP members have any experience with farming.

I see there is a yoga instructor...

If she can do plow pose she'll likely qualify.

Comment

Does matter in Albertha?

Comment

hopefully they have an ostrich farmer to save their day like federal , that's workin out real good ,lol

Comment

Oneil Carlier perhaps? Originally from Val Marie, SK and spent 20 years with Ag Canada at the PFRA. Just what I googled.

I'll say one thing about the NDP in AB, despite apparently having nothing to gain over the last decade courting the rural vote they are the one party that has always agreed to meet with all farm groups and listen to all farmers concerns.
          The PC's were so arrogant they chose to only meet with groups whose political ideology aligned with theirs and that was not accountable Government.

Comment

The livestock industry specifically has some worries. If we look at what happened in Manitoba under the NDP, they decimated the livestock industry. Moratoriums on building new facilities, and even on upgrading existing ones, has driven hog production out of the province. Environmental over-regulation to appease real polluters (cities mainly, but also cottagers) has driven cattle production and feeding to Saskatchewan. Under Gary Filmon, the province became a world class hog producer and processor. Now the processing sector is crying for supplies.
            And this was with a Minister who was over 18, and from a rural area.

Comment

Grass farmer, you nailed it.

Comment

Im no supporter of mb's ndp, but agreed with the hog barn ban. Stupid raising hogs in a flood plain, sending all that shit into lake winnipeg. However the ban should be lifted in parts of western mb away from major drainage basins.

Comment

Perhaps Marg Boyd frm peace. School teacher and cattle farmer for many years

Comment

I bet the welfare cowboys are shaking in thier boots, there is 100mill just laying there for the ND to pickup.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...