• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about... the 'RR shareholder Alliance den of iniquity' must post a 10percent performance bond

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about... the 'RR shareholder Alliance den of iniquity' must post a 10percent performance bond

SF3,

I truly think Rockpile, Tweety,... so many of you... all are searching for something to rationalize this system of 'privatization' we have created.

Since the RR Alliance has proven to be unreliable in Service... say 10 percent of the time... the RR must submit to a pool... 10 percent of their freight revenues.

Then a 'Shipper Coalition' arbitration board... will award funds to shippers

FROM this pool of money...

to Whom ever does not receive adequate transport services from the CNCP Alliance. Then CN and CP will have to fight it out amongst the three of them... BNSF, CP, and CN... or whom ever else they can muster... to get their profit out of the pool.

This should cause the blood vessels on some CEO faces to enflame!!!

Everyone Monday... tell your MP and MLA... 'You are sick and Tired... and you are not going to take it any more.' (or words to that effect)...

We will be 'Idle no more' until the powers that be in Ottawa... put our performance pool in place so grain farmers are not held ransom any more by this 'RR shareholder Alliance den of iniquity'

The pool can be variable... just like our Rate Cap...

If performance is not forthcoming, (unfilled car orders being the measure)... then a 15 percent levy will be charged... just like is done now if the RR overcharge on the Rail Cap on Grain shipments from western Canada.This 15 percent is returned to the Shipper whom is hurt by the lack of Freight Service. PRODUCER CARS INCLUDED.

The goal of this 'Freight Assurance Pool' is proper service... when this is being met... we will entertaiin increasing the percent return on the Grain revenue cap now in place.

100 percent service provided=... Cap open... as arbitrated by the 'Freight Pool Arbitation Board'.

Comment

THIS 'FREIGHT POOL' Can apply to as many types of shippers... of products other than western grain; as well. We will not discriminate against any product the railway Alliance provides service to... if these shippers so choose.

Comment

Shippers will automatically submit 10 percent of Railway freight billings... to the 'Freight Pool service Bond'.

Comment

Ok sign me up.

$504/acre it is.

Comment

Everyone else makes MORE money at 52, farmers don't matter! They dumb enough to keep growing for any price.

Comment

I was called today with a premium offer of $60/t over... July 2016 ($455.70)... which should take us well over $12/bu... for NEXERA.

Cinderella even has the first 10bu/ac risk free!!! Transportation paid from the bin.

Comment

Ah alberta can grow the 52 because it just makes cents. Tom your NEXARA doesn't yield as good so really no premium.

I agree this bull shit by the industry to get us to 52 bushels a acre across the board is good for one group and only one group. INDUSTRY!
                As long as farmers fall for this Bull shit, they win.

But grasshopper when the mighty mother nature decides to go back to normal and the newbie's in the Palliser triangle see what a hot hot July does to the retarded sister. AH then the 52 is not achievable.
                Just saying the industry needs to get their shit together to move this size of crop before we all get gung ho and produce it. 2014 was their chance to make changes they didn't so F$%K OFF with the 52 by 2025.
                GET YOUR SHIT IN LINE!

Comment

Industry needs 20 million acres if canola seeded this year.

June 2016 is when they are figuring they will be out of supplies.

Tom just helped them out. He will be delivering 12 dollar nexera and regular canola will be 14.

Been there done that .

Comment

USDA has forecast Canada's canola carryout for 2014 crop at 2.1 million tonnes.
                    AAFC is at 1.45 million.

Wonder who is closer to reality.

<a title="DTN Canada markets" href="http://www.dtnprogressivefarmer.com/dtnag/common/link.do?symbolicName=/ag/blogs/template1&blogHandle=canadamarkets&blogEntryId=8a8 2c0bc49f2d3d3014c249796f41483">DTN Canada markets</a>

Comment

Lots in our areas bins are out of Canola as that has been the main cash resort.
                      Unless Alberta is Hording or SW sask I would say the lower is closer.

Comment

Just curious if there are farmers in your community who get 50 plus bu/acre and others who get less than 40 bu/acre? Are their costs per acre much different? What about costs per bushel produced? Who makes more money?

I ask these questions because the presentations I have seen from the Canola Council Agronomists is about getting better yields using better agronomics - not more inputs.

I would also highlight the forecasts are 10 years out. It is also based on increased world consumption. Western challenge is supply this demand. If we don't, one of the other major exporters will. Wheat is an example where Canada's/North America's share of world wheat trade has declined over the 50 years. Wheat production and exports are moving to other parts of the world.

Comment

Charlie anything the Canola council says is Bull shit.
                          Really.
                          Yes some get 60 some get 25 in every area.
                          But my point is if industry isn't ready for 2025 because 2014 proved they aren't at all, why give them what they want.
                          Why pad a pocket of a industry that wants farmers to spend money but they cant do shit all to improve their end.
                          New bins 100000 plus storage is 201,000
                          So a half a mill storage will cost me a mill.
                          Ah farming why not fall into their trap.

Comment

Is it possible to get 52 bu/acre today? Are the costs per acre that much different than someone who gets 40 bu/acre? I never understand your arguement when you are allocating 40 % of your acres to canola. Are you asking all farmers (including yourself) to control yields by reducing inputs? I realize weather is a factor which goes into risk analysis which I assume everyone here does.

Comment

I have some of the same concerns everyone else has here about the projections. Having said, I wouldn't bet against the Canola Council building a business case for farmers to grow more canola and help them achieve their target. The CCC has a track record of success. The 7 MMT by 2007 was achieved in 2005. The target of 15 MMT by 2015 was achieved in 2013. You keep highlighting the production but the real accomplishment from my side is the building of customer base to utilize the larger production. Demand pull.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...