• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how many agriviller's would go in on this one?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how many agriviller's would go in on this one?

I did a tender for fertilizer on Alibaba... one company, with a very good reputation in China that does a lot of exporting to Europe and India made one heck of an offer....

$330 USD per tonne landed in Canada bulk ship load. 10,000 tonnes.

413 CAD per tonne, plus another 50 to 70 to bring it into the prairies.

463 to 483 per tonne in your yard.

What kind of a shakeup would that cause with local suppliers?

I would be happier if it happened

Comment

If I didnt already have mine bought I would be in. Sf3 needs to put his money where his mouth is now.

Comment

Klaus

I don't know why you are sourcing fertilizer from various countries.

On a thread started by Lex on Dec 9 titled Urea. You stated twice you were quoted urea at $490/tonne locally. Now you are going through all this work and uncertainly to save maybe $20.00 a tonne

History has proven 9 out of the last 10 years booking fertilizer in the fall is always best. If farm storage is not available you may have to negotiate with dealers but there are options that can be worked out.

Good luck with non North American fertilizer purchases.

Comment

I bet sf3 already has his bought at 490 too.

Comment

That's way cheaper than the $395/tonne by container you quoted, now volume kicks in. Plus way less hassle, but no shipping of wheat? Don't need any here, but quality would be a concern. What guarantee? When is payment due?

Comment

I'm covered for 15 crop. Not sure what you're thinking on timeline but if your looking at fall delivery I ll sign up 600mt. The way I see it, the locals need a tap on the forehead with a leadpipe. Not fussy on quality as I plan on floating through a boom. Just add @hotmail to my handle to contact

Comment

No your wrong all nitrogen bought last fall. Before the run. They are gouging.
                I also question its a lot of work for similar to more than fall price.
                Thing that industry is screwing with, this year they wouldn't let independents and some company's taking delivery early and filling warehouses in July and August.
                Our local guys would fill a old airplane hanger to the rim with nitrogen then deliver to farmers later for a 100 profit or 300 profit in spring. Suppliers f$&ked that up.
                One problem in fert it's real easy to see its our producers of the product. Maybe dep could look into that also.

Comment

Klause, try selling it through your local coops.

Comment

Go to coop and tell them you will sell to them for 520 landed in their yard. They will sell to farmers around 550-560. Tell them you need payment by the end of feb.

Everyone wins in theory.

Comment

if they wont give you the cash up front tell them you want it in your lawyers trust account to be released when the urea lands in thunderbay.

Comment

Fall of 2013 a guy could pre-book 280 a tonne 2800 locally.

Fall of 14 we booked it at 320.

40 bucks a tonne more yet grain prices lower.

The thing Canadian companies are counting on is that we will simply continue to play dead. Every year fall is the cheapest time to buy... and every year fall is a little more than the year before.

Did you know a tonne of 11-52 is $422 bucks? Why is it 800 here.

cheapest it ever got this fall was 715... Does that sound "cheap"?

Fall of 2013 we locked in 11 dollar canola for fall 2014 delivery and 7 dollar wheat for fall of 2014.

This year... you may get 10 and 6 for fall 15.

If we'd actually have balls for a change and say we will do all the extra work for a mere 20 dollars, things would be very different.

The other thing to note... not everyone has enough cash laying around to buy fertilizer in fall with cash. Thus... what happens when eventually interest rates go up? You want to pay 9% interest or better on inputs through the winter?

As someone mentioned last year in July it was almost impossible to get product... We were trying to source liquid for top dressing, and to fill a tank but couldn't find enough to fill the tank.

Comment

Klaus

Bank of Canada has just dropped rate to .75% and expected to drop it to .50%. Not saying interest rates will never go up again but 9%!!!!

You mention about each fall the price increases from the previous year. This is not the case with respect to a 10 year time period like I had mentioned.

Like I said, for the risk and uncertainly your plying with to save maybe $20.00 on urea makes no sense other than you trying to play catch up.

Comment

10 years ago Urea was under 400 a tonne whole-year average...

How are we playing catch up?

We have liquid booked... Our spring seeding needs are covered.

We need product to top dress with. that's 60% of our N use per year... Either urea & melt it or float it, or liquid and dribble it.

28,00 is on allocation locally. Has been since November pretty much.

If you'd rather keep paying more and more every year go right ahead.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...