• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Africa's Farmland Feed the World?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Africa's Farmland Feed the World?

An interesting read for you this morning, I hope. Note the awieo shrub mentioned.. unknown to me. Pars

Is this the article?

[URL="http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/land-grab/"]national geographic[/URL]

Comment

Tis so, Charliep! guess I'm still so unsettled by Gustafson getting such a vicious UFC pounding last night, I somehow posted and then deleted the link.Sleepy Swede.... Pars.

Comment

Funny how the Chinese just walked in talked some BS to the Govt and started breaking land and farming.
        Maybe a little back country whoop ass is needed their.
        Or is it Like when England was running all over the world taking over.
        Ah history repeats over and over and over.

Comment

Which directly speaks to the utter importance of property rights and the rule of law, doesn't it. We cannot allow the Rule of Law in Canada to become either a negotiable issue OR a foggy issue. pars

Comment

Yes property rights should be protected. Here the guys with the bigger guns and deep pockets with government take over huge areas and locals are left to work as slaves or die.
            Tough decision.

Comment

Off topic, but if Gustafson is going to carry his hands that low he's going to get hammered every time. I could have beaten him myself last night.

Comment

Africa has lots of undeveloped potential. It is too bad that the local population can't be unlocking it instead of government to government deals with China. All the money China is paying is going to government officials and their cronies.

Comment

26,000 Swedes packed in the arena showed some empathy for him, brave; c'mon, muster up a little, will, ya? ;=D Even he said he got caught. His adversary was lightening, and merciless and on top of his game. but I still like my Gus.

Comment

Agree ajl, too bad. But.., If you don't tend to your own back yard, somebody else will. They have ideal climate. And ideal soil. Pars

Comment

Pars, I was cheering for Gus as well. But Rumble was a beast last night. Keep those hands up!

Comment

I'll send him a reminder in Swedish. Betcha no one thought to tell him... ;= >

Comment

May not feed the world but help feed the 1.2 bill in China .
                          There is more food thrown out in a day in North America than some nations get in a year - just sayin we still produce more than enough already
                          Most third world countries keep their population hungry to help feed the world wide war machine

Comment

There's definitely a lot of potential in Africa without the Africans

Comment

One big bang over seas in two spots and oil would be easy to get and so would food.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...