• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah that's why the parasites are phoning! Buy buy buy!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah that's why the parasites are phoning! Buy buy buy!

So the crops in the world just keep getting bigger canada crop doesn't mean shot all except last year it did when we had a idiot yield but this year no real bumper lots under snow and water but still no problems! Australia freezes still no problem! So if all news stories are driving down prices I guess we did our job the world is awash in crops, so much for the running out bull shit that all industry wanted us to believe!
    So now the last month got to buy seed got to buy fertilize got to buy glyphos, pick ip new farm equipment, book your next year grain crop and market service! Blah blah blah!
    Basically the industry knows that we farmers won't have a pot to piss in come next spring or summer and want as much expensive products purchased before us farmers figure out what the hell is happening!
    Basically why would one book or order seed fert or chemical if were heading back to prices that are 10 to 20 year ago value at today's costs!
    Maybe subsidized USA will save their farmers but in canada grab your legs Nd bend over and kiss your ass were F$&ked! Poor yields and piss poor quality!
    Don't let our suppliers fool you Mr farmer!

X 2, that about sums up farming 2014.

Comment

Everyone has their own right to make the decisions for their own farm.

I want my fertilizer applied this fall for a change so will be purchasing it shortly.

Even though the sky is always falling in your world, others don't always experience the same. It won't be the most profitable year in history for my farm however have had a number of good ones in the past allowing good equity growth

Comment

Per acre return is going to take a bit of a hit on this farm. I'll be spending wisely and not going to give up a bunch of accumulated equity and risk it. Time for an input price adjustment to reflect today's commodity prices and quality, and this coming marketing season's reality. Im getting to that age I hate risking it and what is already mine.....

Comment

Richard your probably banding at .48 for ammonia what if the spring price is 41 do to USA farmers not growing high use nitrogen crop corn! $1,99 corn is not really profitable at 200 bus a acre.
          Good for you but thinking what's happened in the past two years can continue with just a little blip!
          Ha ha! We are going one way and it's not up!
          Good on you to Fert in fall good luck glad you had so many bumpers that price doesn't effect your farm!
          It's just a observation why spend money on products that seemed to double on way up but won't even drop as we go lowere!
          Just a observation and don't believe AgriStability will help farmers out in canada!

Comment

Sick of the games. Sick of the thievery. Sick of the weather. Sick of being a parasite host. **** farming. I'm out..

Comment

Does it really matter what line of "bullshit" the industry gurus are shoving down your throat or want you to believe? Buy, buy, buy or sell, sell, sell.

The price is always going higher. Production is always lower than what "they" say.

Why can't we make a decision and live with it. Form your own opinion, plan accordingly and execute.

Comment

Countryguy

There is life after farming. Mothernature jerked me around enough times too. I made the decision to rent out the dirt last fall and thus far have not regretted it. Biggest thing to get used to is not having 10 payments to keep up with. Would have been nice to see the $1000 for 350 lb calves but for me that would have meant another year of buying feed. My land renter had a very dry year and will be lucky to break even.

Comment

42 cents, not much different than spring

but the price is going up

Comment

For Amonia ?

Comment

yes, delivery is extra, negotiated that price a bit ago, and only on the amount I get applied which is the same as any other year I put some down. Did about 75% acres last year and that was the first time for about 4 years that I applied fall NH3.

Again, made the decision as it meets what I feel is right for me. Totally understand others may not have the option.

Not buying anything else as I agree with your comments on seed, chem and equipment.

Land is wet, need to work it some and hope this helps

Comment

Sask3 at what price did you get your ammonia tanks filled. Mine not filled yet so kinda wondering maybe price still under pressure. Cannot immagine price of n going up. Like you said the price of corn determines the price of n. Somewhat.

Comment

Talked to my canola seed supplier the other day small independant good guy. What he told me amazed me it looks to him like the big companies plan to increase their canola seed price a point or two. The price of canola is 60% of a few years ago but they keep pushing up the price beyond my comprehension I hope farmers tell them to go to hell!!

Comment

I found fall nh3 not as effective as spring. Lower yield and protein. Bump your fall rate up to compensate.

Comment

Independent Richard? That's a good price !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...