• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine's "anti-terrorist" operation is looking more and more a non-event - or worse, an outright fi

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine's "anti-terrorist" operation is looking more and more a non-event - or worse, an outright fi

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27053500

Makes one wonder how much the west or we are affecting things around the world. Good in a way to see soldiers not exchanging gunfire. Feeding each other and sending them off although with no gun clips. These people at the heart of the issues gotta respect them. Sometimes my vision of the USA army is shoot first ask questions later sorta. Maybe that view is not really correct. All I know is things are serious. So just watching from a distance.

Comment

The topic name does not represent my view. I am just watching as soldiers don't want to shoot each other. Thinking there is more to it than just East vs West. Russ Vs everyone else.

Comment

You have it right. It is a country of two cultures working through a process of defining a country. The scary part is having everything fall apart and a period of instability/social chaos. Regardless of the pain, this is likely a necessary event. The challenge is their next door neighbor who has their own agenda. Not sure what the west can do.

Comment

Been there. Country side a lot like Canada with the same level of geographic variability. A different culture than here based on life experiences but knowledgeable and great to work with. I feel for my friends there.

Comment

Just announced canada is sending in 6 cf-18's.

Comment

Just as a deescalation plan has been put forth,not the
              greatest of timing.

LAVROV SAYS DOCUMENT APPROVED ON UKRAINE
              LAVROV SAYS DOCUMENT ON INITIAL STEPS TO DE-
              ESCALATE SITUATION
              4 PARTIES CALL FOR ILLEGAL ARMED GROUPS TO BE
              DISARMED: LAVROV
              UKRAINIANS MUST RESOLVE CRISIS THEMSELVES,
              LAVROV SAYS
              PARTIES URGE WIDE-RANGING NATIONAL DIALOG IN
              UKRAINE: LAVROV