• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Earth's conference call to Sprott can be found here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Earth's conference call to Sprott can be found here

http://www.sprottresource.com/

Sask3 where do you get the info on the amount of loss?

Their EBITA was a possitive 2.5 million.
    EBITA is Earnings before the deduction of Interest, tax, and Amortization expenses.

Amortization expenses is just another way of saying capital depreciation

Comment

How do these guys think they will survive when prices drop. Value added only goes so far. Its hard enough to make money when u are just working for yourself never mind paying dividends and bonus'.

Comment

In that conference call the guy danced around the Revenue per acre and the Margin per acre question. Then after waiting 2 seconds without another question the conference operator shut it down. Well that is the way it seemed. Would sure like to find the answers to them questions. not sure was this conference actually open to everyone to ask questions???? I think we should look for the next conference call and ask intelligent questions.

Seabass they have a guy hired to work at gaining value for their products in the value added sector.

Comment

Not sure how they can hire all these guys and see a profit. Especially for shareholders. U know what we take for ourselves in good years and u also know what we get in bad years.

Comment

That whole so-called "conference" call sounds fishy to me. Perhaps it was "staged" to suck you in.

First time I heard farming/ranching reduced to absolute pure business gobbledygook in one neat package.

Accent the positive seemed to be the main theme...but that is how businesses work when they are talking to their investors and wish to continue their support.

Comment

Ok the loss I got was old info.
              Looks to me their is a public share offering
              comming in a year or two. So rwoop woop make it
              sound good then get people interested, major
              investors get out and farm has a few so so years
              and then bye bye.

Lots of employee accidents and EBT was 2.5 div
              by 88000 acres is 28 dollars.
              Hm
              Value added I like we're that is going, create a
              logo like land o lakes in USA with Walmart. One
              earth natural with Walmart. Might work.
              Good luck.
              Oh the part about dropping 5000 acres that' really
              should be they were asked to leave.

Comment

Their smartest value added strategy would be to buy the packing plant in Moose Jaw from the XL/neilson brothers.

Then they could slaughter their own cows and have a good supply of cows from a 500 mile radius.

Without having to pay auction fees just to have the old cows go to the same slaughter house the cow end up at anyway, farmers would support it.

Comment

I guess that's what I'm getting at for value added,
                  go branded meat, one earth natural. Might work
                  with a pacing plant.

Comment

What that conference call showed was a Canadian corporate spin on farming. I actually found it quite interesting. Interesting to hear all the corporate buzz words applied to farming.

Ofcourse they put a positive spin on everything. To do otherwise would be job suicide. I'm not sure we can learn much from these guys about the mechanics of farming. I think we can learn a lot about how big business looks at farming. The whole idea of setting goals and looking rather impassionately at the farm is new to most of us.

I suggest we pay attention to these guys. I think there is a lot we can learn, both how to do things and how not!

Comment

Shows a local farmer is still a better agronomist than an employee in my mind.

They are one big outfit though, local management skill and too many acres.

Comment

28$ ebitda means significant net loss. It's easy to
                        come up with 40$ depreciation&amortization on a
                        relatively efficient farm so I'm going to guess there
                        number is higher.

Comment

Yes, I also heard they no longer farm a
                          certain package in S AB due to unpaid
                          rent! Landowner held the grain back.

Comment

Basically when a corp or public company talks ebita I ebita the frick outa there.

Comment

Actually it was no secret that one eath farmed shit land. and on my way back from the lake seemed the reserve land was bonus this year. Would be interesting to know if the dropped land was reserve land??????? Which would be bad bad bad

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...