• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the Prince of the 'Single Desk' MP Goodale Say Aug 1

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will the Prince of the 'Single Desk' MP Goodale Say Aug 1

Kelvin Heppner
    Golden West Online
    2012-07-26

The countdown is on as the Western Canadian grain industry gets ready to enter a new era of grain marketing.

The Canadian Wheat Board's single desk marketing authority will end on Wednesday - August 1st.

The National Farmers Union held a press conference yesterday afternoon to mark what it calls "the impending interruption in the Canadian Wheat Board's single desk selling."

NFU President Terry Boehm says August 1st will be a sad day for prairie farmers.

"Farmers know that democracy and their economic well-being are in peril with this government but they also know that Harper will not be in power forever and we will fight in the courts and start rebuilding another day," states Boehm. "Meanwhile, the year full of dirty tricks will be remembered as a betrayal and sellout of western farmers."

Ralfie G has been strangly absent in the CWB changes lately... what do you think he will say Aug 1/12?

We should start a pool...

1. Goodale will say nothing;

2. Goodale will join with the NFU in the 'Day of Infamy' CWB 'Single Desk' comments;

3. Goodale will join in celebration of choice marketing in Western Canada...;

4. MP Goodale will retire as there is no reason for his continuing now the CWB is fixed.

Vote here!

Cheers!

Ralph realizes now he won't receive a
    directors chair when he retires.

He did a lot of ass kissing for most of
    his political career.

Comment

I really don't care what Ralph says. He is, thankfully, now irrelevant in my life. He is a sad little man, now nothing but an extraneous creature, devoid of the power that at one time was, to him, so obviously intoxicating and self-gratifying.
      I am not an unfeeling person, and I do feel for some people whose fortunes and eminence are unceremoniously stripped from them. That kind situation is particularly regrettable and can be poignant when the person has contributed much, or has personally sacrificed for the good of others.
      But in Ralph’s case, he cared not a whit about the lives of thousands who he manipulated, impoverished, ignored, or for purely selfish reasons, he used. I have watched his political career for 30 years, and no one- absolutely no one- used and abused the citizens or his office as callously as he did. Even the scandals, hubris, and excesses we remember coming towards the end of the Chretien days when the likes of Dingwall and Gaglione disgusted us all, aren’t to me as sordid and repugnant as Goodale’s unabashed pursuit of power for the sole purpose of personal and political advantage at the expense of the country, and of farmers in particular.
      I would be quite happy never again to hear an utterance of any kind from the unessential being.

Comment

My vote is for "" CURSE YOU HARRY POTTER"""

Comment

I think you guys are giving Ralph too much credit. He only did what his constituents and lobbyists wanted. Ralph didn't come up with all these ideas himself he was lobbyed and acted/reacted to those lobbys.

I was never a fan of Ralphs but then I was never in favor of selling out the UGG/Pools or getting rid of the CROW RATE, unlike many others who lobbied for these changes. I don't see these people standing up to take a bow or to thank him for getting this done for them. He was lobbyed to make changes to the CWB, He delivered, maybe not what everyone wanted but he made changes.

If, by chance, and only by chance, open market isn't what non board lobbyests believe it to be, I wonder if these same people will paint Ritz with the same brush?

Comment

wmoebis,

Being responsible for our decisions can hardly put blame on Minister Ritz for giving us more marketing options.

A politician delivering on an election promise... is refreshing and welcome.

I am more than encouraged to be allowed to sell our wheat in the same manner as our Canola !

Comment

Mc, that's fargen funny

Comment

Ralph and all single desk supporters will join with the NFU and denounce the open market. For them to say anything else would be to admit they were wrong. They could never do that!

Comment

What you nitwits don't realize is that the CWB operated within the 'OPEN MARKET' or didn't you know that?

The only difference was that it operated for the farmer's interests instead of the grain companies interests.

Comment

Never operated in my interest or my neighbours.

It operated for its own interest. And now, we
                    finally defeated the lion.

You are free to use it now and we don't have to.
                    That is called freedom!

Good-bye and good riddance to the albatross.

Comment

Willy it really is time for you to take your head out of your ass and look at reality. If you want to pool your grain, be my guest and use the tools at your disposal but STOP trying to hold your neighbors back from achieving the returns that they seek. Your tired old baseless arguments are quite boring. Life will go on even for you after Aug 1.

Comment

Time will tell, ifn this is a good thing
                        er bad. Most Comedian framers are sooooo,
                        stupid they don't know when things are
                        good or bad. Framing is cyclical just
                        like ever thin else, good, bad, good, bad,
                        bad, bad, etc.........

Comment

ya time will tell burbert, but we seen 75
                          years of communist rule with the cwb and
                          it didnt work.

Comment