• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ted Morton... protector of 'Bunnies...'

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted Morton... protector of 'Bunnies...'

I can't believe my eyes...

"CALGARY — Police are investigating after three bunnies were reportedly impaled with arrows in southwest Calgary on Sunday.

The first call came in at 10:40 a.m. when a bunny was discovered dead with an arrow in it on Evermeadow Road S.W.

About 20 minutes later, police were called to Braeside Road S.W. where someone had put a rabbit in a box and left it in front of a veterinarian’s office. The animal, also impaled by an arrow, didn’t survive.

At around 4 p.m., someone called in with a report of seeing a bunny running around with an arrow in its body near a show home in Canyon Meadows. Police couldn’t find it.

Duty inspector Mike Tillotson of the Calgary Police Service said it hasn’t been confirmed the incidents are related and investigators do not have any suspects so far.

Tillotson said it’s illegal to hunt inside city limits, and for public safety reasons, it’s also illegal to shoot a bow and arrow, except at a shooting range. He said the person or persons responsible could also face animal cruelty charges.

bforbes@calgaryherald.com

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/arrow used attack southwest bunnies/6142410/story.html#ixzz1mHUAmDDZ"

Not sure where Ted Morton comes into this? Uh.....he's the minister of Energy?
    However I know a bit about the rabbit deal in NW Calgary......daughter in a ne sudivision....and yes there are alot of rabbits! Not surprizing.....rapid subdivisions, well watered lawns stay green?
    Most residents really enjoy the rabbits (jack rabbits), but of course you are always going to get jerks who think killing everything is okay?
    I think, Tom, you might want to focus more on the evil stuff Ted Morton has done to landowners.......than the few idiots who have decided it is fun to shoot a few rabbits? Morton has been the greatest assault on your property rights since the likes of Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler....he truly is an evil man?

Comment

Ya, butt where do we vote fer the
      Conservatives?

Comment

ASRG, Ted is a buddy of TOMs so he just can't help
        himself promoting his name once in a while.
        Probably as a distraction in this case to draw
        attention away from my post on the electricity
        scandal.
        Isn't it funny how over here on the commodity
        forum everybody suddenly becomes shy and loses
        their tongues when we mention the latest
        outrageous thing the communist conservative party
        of AB has done? Seems like they are quite happy
        with the status quo in this province.

Comment

If you can reprint on here any post over the last couple of years that has anyone in favor of the TOP leaders of the alberta PROGRESSIVE conservative party, or their policies, someone might actually give a damn what you have to say. Well, probably not.

Nobody who is paying attention in the farm community is going to vote for them.

Comment

I dunno - do you consider Ted a TOP leader? or is
            that TOMs get out of jail card? Pleased to see you
            are paying attention silverback - shame that more
            aren't.

Comment

Somehow Ted and the crew have missed the issue... to think this is going on IN Alberta... boggles my mind!!!

"

CANMORE, Alta. - An Alberta mountain community trapping its feral rabbits is turning them over to an animal rescue group.

Canmore has as many as 2,000 rabbits it says it needs to remove — one for every six people in the town of 12,000 — and began catching them a couple of weeks ago.

"The town is trapping rabbits," Canmore spokeswoman Sally Caudill confirmed in an email Wednesday.

"All rabbits trapped have gone to Susan Vickery and EARS."

Canmore struck a deal in December with the Earth Animal Rescue Society to provide a sanctuary for the multitude of rabbits.

Vickery, the group's founder, says so far 35 bunnies have been taken to a temporary facility where they will be sterilized.

She said a mobile veterinary clinic will be coming next week to make sure there won't be another generation of the once-domestic rabbits to worry about.

Vickery said she has enough money to save 175 of the long-eared hoppers and the town has been as good as its word so far.

But she added some rabbits might have to be destroyed before members of the public open up their pocketbooks beyond the $17,000 raised so far.

"I don't know if that's just human nature or a reflection of our society as it is today," said Vickery.

"It seems to me that people don't start to get into action until it's crisis time."

Co-ordinating efforts to move the rabbits to the temporary shelter west of Calgary has been a chore, Vickery said, especially since she's been overseeing the Save Canmore Bunnies operation from her home in Coombs, B.C.

"The last two weeks it was like standing in a pool of water and having emotional electrocutions. I've had the worst couple of weeks."

Vickery said the town has been co-operative and even instructed the rabbit trappers to transport their quarry directly to the rabbit sanctuary.

Canmore, located on the eastern edge of Banff National Park west of Calgary, has faced the wrath of animal lovers for its plan to destroy the rabbits. The bunnies were originally pets but were released in the 1990s.

The town has said they are too plentiful and could attract cougars and coyotes looking for an easy snack.

— By Bill Graveland in Calgary"

Comment

Tom:
                I'm still not sure what this has to do with Ted Morton?
                Ted Morton was the guy who authored "the Land Stewardship Act-bill 36"...you know the bill that would confiscate your property without compensation or access to due process of law?
                He also was the author of "The Land Assembly Project Act-Bill 19"...another little gem that again confiscated property without compensation or due process (I know the name on this bill was Jack Hayden- but in reality Ted wrote it....Jack has trouble printing out his name with a crayon!)
                Of course the rabbit thing in Canmore seems foolish to us rural types, but for the urban crowd, who want to spend the money, I say let them go to it? After all it is their money to spend how they wish?

Comment

I think it's a failed attempt at satire ASRG. But then
                  again it's TOM so who knows.

Comment

the bunnies should go to the foodbank you kill two birds with one stone,

Comment

As far as using them for food check out the on going
                      battle with rabbits at University of Victoria. When this
                      was suggested along with some other things such as
                      trapping alive or dead the animal rights crowd had a
                      field day.

Comment

1. I see 'Ted' as the 'Defacto' Premier of Alberta behind closed doors. Alison is a 'Figure Head' Leader for all practical purposes.

2. Alison does not have the mental capacity to control the Alberta Government... the Budget is proof positive... to spend 20 percent more and claim to have not increased taxes...

3. Ted is/was in charge of 'Sustainable DE'-velopment as Bills 19, 36 and 50 prove. Wildlife is 'Teds' Passion, There is no intention of changing anything they have done in the past.

For now the 'Bunnies' are truly running Alberta... with Alison the RED and Ted in serious need of control measures.

Will the 60 percent of us in Alberta that are not employed by Governments ...and 'SHOULD' know better.... let the PROGRESSIVE 'Bunny Ears' blur our vision?

What is next???
                        All Bows, Arrows, and Archers must be registered...and non-fatal hits result in a 30 day jailing... backed up with "Bow Cam" wireless internet enforcement...

So our AB 'BioDiversity' Monitoring and Enforcement departments have something to do! The "Minister of Stewardship"

FYI...

"Morton was born in Los Angeles, California, in 1949.[1] In 1952, Morton moved with his parents to Casper, Wyoming, where his father, Warren A. Morton (1924–2002), worked in the oil and natural gas exploration business and was the Republican Speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1979–1980[2] and his party's gubernatorial nominee in 1982. Morton's mother, Katharine Allen Morton (born 1926), was the daughter of former U.S. Representative Robert G. Allen, a Democrat from western Pennsylvania.

Morton moved to Canada in 1981 and became a Canadian citizen in 1991. Morton and his wife, Patricia Morton, have three children.[3]"
                        Academic career

Morton obtained his B.A. from Colorado College and earned his Masters and PhD in political economy from the University of Toronto.[3] During his time in college, Morton was involved in protests against the Vietnam War.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Morton

Comment

Tom; Maybe you are thinking way outside my box? I don't know if you think Ted Morton is the real meal deal......or some kind of evil entity?
                          I further don't know if you think Alison Redford is some kind of a "dupe" or some kind of "super women"?
                          Just for the record: I think Alison Redford is nobodies fool! She is an astute, intelligent (maybe a bit naive) person.....IMO.
                          Ted is a pretty bad guy....I truly believe that! He does not believe that the average person has ANY rights! For the likes of him......you, and I are nothing more than warm bodies to be used how he see fit! JMO.

Comment

This is just Ted getting the "jump" on Cupid with a pre-emptive strike. He was shooting at Alberta rats, and hit a few bunnies!

If it was Australia, they would have released a plague to thin the rabbit herd. Too many EARS and they become pests.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...