• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It wasn't me, I swear!!! LOL

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket,

"Investigators say a fire that destroyed $600,000 of farm machinery inside a Quonset near Edenwold, Sask., is suspicious.

RCMP said the blaze on the property about 13 kilometres north of Edenwold started sometime between the evening of Sunday, Dec. 11 and 9:00 a.m. the next day."

Figure that out. That tells me they did NOT find out till well after the fire had burned itself almost out...

But like I said... it is important for us to monitor our sheds and bins... time to raise the bar and better record what happens in our farm yards!

Comment

Just how frickin big was your bale fire Freewheat? Maybe a spark? or

Maybe this is what happens when you try and shred cwb papers through a combine and you plug the threshing area?

Just a couple of possibilities I'm sure investigators are pondering. .......perspiring a little freewheat?

Comment

Bad extention cord?? Happened localy here last year.

Comment

There has to be easier ways for old rockin Roddy flaman to keep his name in the news.

Maybe he will come back as vader soon.

That should be fun.

Maybe he could give us his analysis on wheat.

Or tell us about his political plans.

Will vader come out and play???

Comment

On a more serious note sure hope it turns out to be an accidental fire, wiring short etc. and not somebody just being plain stupid!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be accidental.

People got better things to do than drive to edenwold to start a fire.

Comment

Block heaters plugged in and with shitty cords they break down and can cause these kind of things to happen, no doubt.

Comment

Seems very odd all the equipment burned.

Comment

That is when it gets suspiscious, flaman must of been going out there hourly to keep it stoked up.

Comment

Looks a bit funny to me, on Flaman's part.
                      1. How was Flaman doing in the last 10 years of farming?
                      2. Usually organic farmers turned to organics, when they were in deep financial trouble, and could not borrow from no one to farm. Was Flaman an organic farmer?
                      3. Knowing that you are going to lose a cash cow (director of CWB wages, etc.), what a perfect time to kind of get out of farming free card if you know what I mean.....surely it will look like some anti CWB person might be mad at a director, and divert the blame if any on them.
                      4. Something like 70% of fires are arson related, but very hard to prove.

Comment

It is sad when anyone has a fire. I would not wish that on anyone. Hopefully, it was an accident and he has good insurance which is a topic for another thread on a different page.

Comment

Flaman is on radio saying that he was targeted
                          because his ties to wheat board - says agrivillers
                          were talking about the banner on the bales.

Comment

to Bucket and Koldkanuck -
                            1. Rod and his wife were out of town the nite/morning of the fire so couldn't have been 'stoking'it every hour.
                            2. There are alot of very successful farmers who grow organic for any number of reasons, philosophical and environmental views , as a form of diversifying, or as a way to capitalize on a niche market - it has been my experience that while organic farming saves on input costs the risks are much higher and therefore requires a certain level of financial stability that conventional farming does not.
                            3. Directors of the CWB only got a $20,000/year retainer (as compared to almost 6 times that for directors at Viterra) so I doubt that losing that 'little cash cow' as you put it would cause any financial strain.

Your comments are reminiscent of Mr. Ritz's following the listeria outbreak - "Death by a Thousand Cold Cuts" and are just as inappropriate and reprehensibe!

Comment

I was wondering mask, how do you know how
                              much Flaman got from CWB? I hope we will all
                              know when we open the books.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...