• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europe's Liquidity Run

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe's Liquidity Run

Anybody see this clip from CNBC today? Frank talk about Europe's $30 trillion debt.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/sarkozy-europes-liquidity-run-has-begun-because-there-30-trillion-problem

I'm beginning to wonder with all this global debt, whether there'll be any capital left for anything to be driven up in price when the SHTF. Where can capital be hidden so that when the dust settles you can come out unscathed?

So far, every equity scare has lead to lower gold, lower grain and lower oil prices. When things stabilize and fears subside, equities go up as well as gold, oil and grains.

2008, again, but worse IMO. Cash out now and watch SHTF. Oh yea, Fert could be 30% cheaper come spring, JMO. Nothing - ever - goes up foever - just an observation from the past.
    Put it this way - does anyone think that Warren B ever paid tripple the value for something that was not there long term??? Certain people create wealth long term and some shoot the moon at Vegas - Good luck - I know who I will follow.

Comment

I can't stand to watch the news these days. Everyone is so nervous.
      It is going to be an interesting few months.

Comment

In addition to the problems in Europe, we now have more instability in the US. The failure of the U.S. Congressional super committee to reduce the budget deficit by $1.2 trillion now puts the focus on whether Congress can pass an extension of emergency unemployment assistance and temporary payroll tax cuts that expire on Dec. 31. Any failure to extend unemployment benefits would amount to a reduction of 0.2 to 0.3% on 2012 GDP. The payroll tax would be about a 0.5% hit if not extended and both would dent consumer spending, but despite the politics in Washington, something should give by Christmas. All of these macro-economic concerns put heavy pressure on commodity markets again this week as investors may be avoiding agricultural commodities until the outlook changes to a more positive one for the US and EU. Grain futures moved lower and remained oversold as the bulls continue to struggle to find new positive news.

Michelle - Farms.com Risk Management

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...