• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO grew liberty 5440 and did it give better yield than 5030?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHO grew liberty 5440 and did it give better yield than 5030?

We had two fields of 5440, yes shorter but both had 17% to 30% hail and cant compare to our 5030 varieties because they didn't get any hail. Still picking next year variety and wondering how every one else did that had fields to compare with.

Had 5030 and 5040 side by side and 5040 was better,have 5440 booked for next year.

But....brown mustard net profits were WAYYY higher.

Comment

Brown and yellow mustard both had big net returns. Similar to canary seed over hrsw. Canary was higher net return.

Comment

5030 was 4 bpa better than 5440, booked all 5030, as it has not failed me in 8 years.

Comment

The 5030 did look way better and what had hail recovered and did awsome. The 5440 never really recovered but still did very well. We have to many acres to switch and not get results. Snappy 3 bushel at 3000 equals 9000 x 8 72000 half seed cost.

Comment

I have no idea WTF your talking about??

I said my 5030 did 4 bpa better than my 5440.

You said 3x3000= 9000x8=72000 1/2 seed cost.

Alrighty then.

Comment

5030 is a very good variety. For us 5440 did slightly better this year. I like to still seed a few varieties. It has varied from year to year in our area to which is best. 5030 has very good stubble strength if you are seeding winter wheat into it. Three years ago 5020 yielded almost 8 bushels better than 5030. The 5020 being slightly earlier missed the heat and did not have as much heat blast as the 5030. My experience is just like corn. You need a few varieties on your farm. You never know the weather you might encounter and each has it's own characteristic. We found that the newer 8000 series varieties have even shorter straw. Which was a real problem when we had high winds come through. The 5440 and 5030 stayed in swath where the other had some real issues. Yet they all yield close. The stuff that did not move.

Comment

Sorry snappy It should have been a 4 instead of a 3, just simple math. OK calm down.

Comment

We Grew 5030 and 5440 This past year. The difference was Marginal at best. We were able to leave a little more straw with the 5440 which was a plus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...