• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGEX has a new Wheat Board Girlfriend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGEX has a new Wheat Board Girlfriend

"MGEX Board of Directors Appoints Public Directors, Officers, and Chairpersons
    October 14, 2008

Minneapolis—At its October 14 organizational meeting, MGEX (Minneapolis Grain Exchange or Exchange) Board of Directors named its 2008-2009 public directors, officers and committees.

Four public directors were appointed by the Board to serve one-year terms.

Curt Denisuik, Director of Commodity Risk Management, Canadian Wheat Board;

James S. Ginsburg, Managing Partner at Vernon & Park Capital, L.P.; and

William R. Power, long-time equities and futures investor, return to the Board"

Hope the MGEX didn't pick an ugly lonely girlfriend, because she's rich with a huge pooled trust fund, backed by the Government of Canada. Wonder if her farm-family knows she's charmed by a guy who isn't dating her cause she's particularly smart?

Yoy, yoy, yoy,

When the Government asked the CWB to prepare for choice marketing....was this the CWB's first step? Getting a CWB employee appointed to the MGEX?

OR

Is this part of CWB branding? LOL Does the girlfriend have a CWB brand across both cheeks? Hmm. Agstar? You're plugged in to Board notions. What see? lol

Pars

PS Wonder if the MGEX's new girlfriend will pick up the tab for the banquets, or the rooms or the flights or the silent art auctions? Girls sometimes do dumb things like that when they feel a bit unwanted. Has the CWB been really popular in the USA?

Comment

i think the CWB has had a rep on the MGE board since somewhere between 1994-96 when they had/tried a durum contract. Who do you think completes the most volume at the MGEX?

Comment

Gasp.

I wish you hadn't blabbed. The MGEX has had the same girlfriend for years, but they never take her to Designated Area parties. it's a well-kept s....e....c...r...e...t....

She gets a new grain-wig every year so no Western farmers recognize her at the banguets and galas in Minneapolis. Even the Winnipeg Free Press columns are, er, discreet.

The Friends of the Board know, wink, wink, but the National Farmer's Union members are not to be told under any circumstances.

Puleeze.

Parsley

Comment

Do you suppose the Directors of the Canadian Wheat Board pass a motion to pre-approve the CWB Director of Commodity Risk Management, Curt Denisuik's appointment to the MGEX?

Comment

When Curt Denisuik's attends a Board Meeting of the MGEX, acting as an appointed MGEX Public Director, does he act in the best interest of the CWB or of the MGEX?

Comment

When the the CWB's Director of Commodity Risk Management, Curt Denisuik attends a MGEX Director's meeting, do the Canadian Wheat Board Directors consider the attendance an expense from the pooling accounts because Denisuik is acting to protect the "single desk", much the same as a NAFTA defense/protection, and thereby pay him accordingly?

Comment

Does the CWB's Director of Commodity Marketing, Denisuik, give a written or oral report to the CWB Directors, outlining the activities taking place at the MGEX Boarrd of Director's meeting?

Comment

Why is Denisuik's appointment not listed on the CWB website?

Comment

Does Denisuik recieve and bank MGEX Directorship money?

Comment

Just curious.

Comment

Not one farmer noticed the October 14, 2008 appointment,or cared?

I guess I shouldn't worry about your money.

btw,

"Who do you think completes the most volume at the MGEX?"

Questions like this always have me totally stumped and are over my head. I'm one of the dumb ones. Parsley

Comment

Parsnip.........It isn`t the `dumb` ones that ask questions..it`s the ones that actually want to learn!!It`s most times interesting to see/hear the answers!!In this case the answers from the quonset donkey will be most interesting if not bewildering!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...