• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday with White

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday with White

Dear President/CEO White;

After the Informa attack you are reported as having made... a few hard questions need to be asked!

1.) CWB Risk Management. How does the CWB handle futures positions... PPO growers assume the CWB hold... on contracted wheat through the Fixed Price COntract.

I have a letter (Dated 01/28/2003 03:40PM)from CWB manager Mr. Lawrence Klusa, forwarded at the request of Adrian Measner.

This is the paragraph about CWB risk management... that explains why (in my opinion at least) the CWB appears to have lost a massive sum of money on the PPO program.

I Quote from page 2 paragraph 2:

"The CWB hedges the producer pricing options by selling the futures when producers lock-in a FPC or when they lock-in the futures component of a Basis Price Contract (BPC)."

OK... THAT IS WHAT 'DESIGNATED AREA' GROWERS EXPECTED THE CWB TO DO.

2.) NOW... WHAT SHOULD THE CWB DO WITH THAT FUTURES POSITION?
    THE CWB SHOULD HOLD IT (THE SOLD FUTURES POSITION)UNTIL THE GROWER DELIVERS THE WHEAT... AND THE CWB CAN THEN SELL THAT WHEAT AT THE SAME TIME LIFTING THE FUTURES THEY SOLD.
    THIS WOULD BE A NORMAL RISK MANGEMENT STRATEGY TO MITIGATE THE RISK TAKEN ON WHEN THE GROWER LOCKED IN.

3.) HERE IS WHAT THE CWB ACTUALLY DOES:

" The CWB unwinds this hedge by buying back the futures as the CWB puts sales on the books (essentially the CWB is buying these producers out of the pool account or out of all sales)."

NOW THE CWB EXPLAINS WHY MY HEDGE COST THE CWB... INSTEAD OF ADDING VALUE AND MITIGATING RISK:

"Therefore, most of the futures bought back to date would have been purchased at values higher than the Kansas March 2003 wheat futures value on the day Mr. Jackson locked in his contract."

OK, I MR. JACKSON... HAVE UNDELIVERED WHEAT... WHICH THE CWB HAS PULLED THE HEDGE LONG BEFORE DELIVERY.

DOES THE POOL THEREFORE TAKE THE RISK... IF THE SALE OF MR. JACKSON'S DOES NOT EQUAL THE PPO CONTRACTED PRICE?

oR

DOES THE CWB INCREASE THE BASIS TO COUNTERACT THE RISK THE PPO CREATES?

oR

DOES THE CWB TAKE THE MONEY OUT OF THE CONTINGENCY FUND... TO PAY MR. JACKSON HIS PPO CONTRACT VALUE?

oR

A COMBINATION OF ALL OF THE ABOVE!

dOES ANYONE REMEMBER HOW MUCH THE CWB lost in the 2002-03 pool?

AND

Does anyone remember how much the CWB contingency fund... lost?

The 02-03 pool lost $84.4 Million;

THE CONTINGENCY FUND IN 02-03 LOST NOTHING. INSTEAD THE 02-03 CONTINGENCY FUND MADE MONEY.

PAGE 38-39 CWB 02-03 ANNUAL REPORT:

PPO FINANCIAL RESULTS

Wheat made $20,166
    Durum lost $9,806
    EPO's made $570,253

SO why the huge PPO loss in pool year 06-07, and the massive overcharge on CWB basis in 07-08 & 08-09?

WHERE IS ALL THIS MONEY GOING... PRESIDENT WHITE?

How can the CWB defy economic principals... in risk management... and not financially hurt every grower in the 'designated area' forced to use CWB marketing services?

Mr White,

Is/has any aspect of the Canadian Wheat Board's financial reporting being/been investigated, anytime during 2007 and/or 2008, with regards to the possibility of any illegal/unusual/rerouted/not understood/delayed financial transactions/reporting?

a) Yes
    b) No
    c) I have not been informed either way.

Parsley

Comment

DEAR President White,

Since the CWB basis on Fixed Price Contracts (FPC)... is linked to the pool... because all FPC/PPO transactions are sold through the pool... we have market prices on PPO pricing contracts that don't reflect transparent market conditions on a daily base. Instead we have the CWB version... of a pool cash price... with the CWB theory... on basis... and what that basis should be... VS. the CWB pool...

"Designated area" that sell cash... need to know that the 'single desk' is actually 'extracting a premium' VS. other marketing systems throughout the globe.

None of us 'cash takers' of CWB PPO contracts... can compare other global marketing price offers... let alone prove the CWB extracts a premium cash price for our farms.

We are expected to simply 'trust' CWB operators of PPO contracts... WITHOUT any proof.

The INFORMA study gives enough proof to us 'Cash Takers'... that there is at the very least sufficient reason... once again... to have a independent third party do a forensic study... to prove or disprove CWB Claims.

Your CWB management people have a moral obligation to release all information to complete a forensic audit...

OR

Stop making the claim the CWB 'single desk' extracts a premium... VS. the system US wheat growers market through.

If the CWB cannot prove to an independent third party... they extract a real and verifiable premium...

1.)It is immoral; and

2.)CWB claims are against/break the CWB code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest bylaws the CWB is governed by.

3.) It can NOT be in the long term best interests of the CWB to leave so many 'designated area' wheat and barley growers... frustrated and disturbed by CWB propaganda... and lack of truthful answers.

I do not see how any auditor could/would/should sign off on the 2007-08 financial statements... that actually insist the 'single desk' policy the CWB maintains... provides premiums and is an asset...

WHEN this is not a proven economic fact... but in fierce public debate and instead is disproved.

Comment

Mr. White you claimed recently that the CWB made farmers an extra half a billion dollars this year. When will you and the CWB be sharing with us how you derived this amount?

The Informa study was very open with how it reached its conclusions, will you be as open with your response? So far you haven't been.

Comment

I would like to know if the CWB is funding, either directly, or indirectly, any part of this website:

http://www.theholmteam.ca/CWB.html

Comment

Mr. White I'd like to know how much money the cwb lost on short MGX wheat positions between December 07 and the end of February 08?

Comment

Parsley,

Bottom line of the web page pretty much sums it up: Canada-Cuba Farmer to Farmer. I particularly like the line about "Our Cuban partner ANAP (the national farmer organization to which all Cuban farmers belong)" is the best. It sounds a lot like the CWB: they haven't got any choice!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...