• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice on NH3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice on NH3

I had a call on my cell this morning. Nitrogen is going up this fall. Right now it is 1305/T or .72 per pound. In order to guarntee that price you would deposit 25% of your money now and the remaining 75% in sept. The price is expected to rise to 1650/T, or over .91 cents per pound before october. Same thing with phosphate. Fixed price wheat this morning, 6.93 net for 13.5% protein. With an average crop, or worse and a falling wheat, canola price, there will be a lot of red ink around next year.

Geez, I just sold some non board feed wheat for $7 bucks off the combine this morning. What the heck are those boys and girls at the board doing?

Now here is the million dollar question, what happens when oil finally peaks? Price of fert should get better but the price of crops will no doubt get worse as well.

Comment

can or has anyone been able to negotiate a refund or rebate should the price of fertilizer drop in price before spring or say if you buy now and the price(for what ever reason) should drop by year end?? are there any creative arrangements that one might include in a fertilizer deal, like maybe tying in a favorable non-broad basis, or fall delivery contract, or anything?? has anybody tried floating anything past your retailer other than just paying the price??

Comment

Be innovative.

Write a contract. Run it by a few guys. Put in what you want. Take it to the dealer. Present the condition of sale. If he won't go along with it, walk out the door.

Five or six guys do it, and they know your threat is not empty,... they will "negotiate."

Parsley

Comment

I agree barleyman, farmers in this area will be bleeding red ink 4-5 months from now. With most crops below average to maybe average and crop prices tumbling as we speak, this fall will be devestating for more farmers than ever before.

Comment

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Right now we are looking at going back to the old days and old ways. (To a certain extent!).

Summerfallow never looked so good when Fert. is going to be well over $100/acre.

Comment

if canadian farmers cut back i guess it will just be shipped to china or india.

Comment

There will come a time when China and India will cut fert use as well. It is quite simple, if a farmer spends more than he recieves the world will go hungry sooner or later.

Comment

If this is true, there is no choice, but to cut back even more. Fertilizer and fuel are crazy now. I'll take a year off and summerfallow I guess. !@$$#@@#$# the grain and fertilizer companies they can go suck sh-t before I'll pay these reported prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let them haul it to India or China, I'm sure they got a lotta cash to buy this expensive stuff. Speaking of sh-t, they use a lot of it to grow their crops over there at present..... Duhhhhh

Comment

I asked my local dealer who will pay these prices. He said "you will". I said " no, the guy I am working for will pay them."

Its outrageous. They are just bleeding us dry. However as prices go up I suspect production will come down, either by less fertilizer used or by farmers going to summerfallow. It may even happen this crop year. I know lots of guys, with the dry spring, cut back because moisture wasn't there to do any good. An average crop to -10% of average IMHO is still the best it could be this year.

Comment

Sending fertilizer and chemical to India and China, to meet their huge demand, is bullskat. Neither of these nations can afford the stuff. It is bullskat that the multinationals are using to scare farmers into paying huge prices. Its a scam, shamm, flimflam...........

Comment

https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1215114872

Comment

Wow, something we all agree on! Burbot sometimes I wounder about your veiws but your right on here as well. This B.S. fert priceing will settle down but not before they drive anouther 20% out of grain farming here in western Canada.

Comment

How is the price of fertilizer arrived at?

Which is the determining factor - what farmers will pay for it, or what fertilizer manufacturers sell it for?

Comment

Burburt don't worry about china they will subsidize their farmers crop prices and pay a share of their inputs. The payback will be cheaper grain from us. End result all us farmers in China and Canada stay poorer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...