• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article Page 6 June 12 Western Producer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article Page 6 June 12 Western Producer

I note the article in this week's western producer on the CWB survey.

Comments:

On the whole a well done that accurately reflects farmers views on the CWB. Some questions that I thought were leading but farmers were able to see through them and answered the questions.

I do have trouble with a survey company who moves beyond what the survey and puts a spin on the results. I note Mr. Herle adds dual market support to single desk to come up with the infamous 68 % support (single desk plus dual). I don't know a farmer on the planet who doesn't understand this question including the risks to the CWB. Choice means choice and nothing else.

He then spins the 52 % support of single desk into the issues of higher prices after the open market (didn't last for but reflected market opportunites - also remember the spin at that point how the open market market undersold prices at that time) and the second being the gag on the CWB (if the CWB could have spent more farmer money, you all would have seen the light). The assumption by the survey is farmers are stupid (managers of at least 1 mln dollars businesses) and can't read questions/are easily mislead by fluff/spin.

Finally he didn't mention the difference Alberta and the other two provinces.

Enough ranting. I appologize in advance.

Thank the heavens you're not a farmer.

Herle obviously believes Western farmers are incredibly stupid.

Now that's cause for annoyance.

And even a horsehipping wouldn't change his mind.

So a good question for the new CEO and the Boardless Directors of the CWB is this: Why do you hire and pay a company who believes farmers are stupid?

Parsley

Comment

Oops. Freudian slip. Should 52 % supported an open barley market in a black and white question. Also referred to barley on the 3 part question. The precise areas to review in the western producer are bottom of page 6, bottom column 3 and all columns 4 and 5.

Comment

once again anyone who does not agree with farmers for just me must be stupid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...