• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Auction Sales?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Auction Sales?

I know this isn't a topic for Commodity marketing but its related to our recent increase in prices that were getting.
    I have been to a few auctions lately and one thing is certain.
    The old boys that use to go and buy the junk and take it home number is starting to slow down.
    Yes the Old equipment and Junk is getting more obsolete and most farmers have no use for a end tow harrow packer bar etc. But it still all gets taken away.
    This year their have been some funny prices for some equipment.
    A air drill a week ago with coulters that were all seized up went for 112,000.00 boy that guy has work to do before spring. But I guess this year their are guys setting up their own drills from the factory because they cant get them build before spring.
    Hey wait a minuet back in 1978 my father brought home a new rod weeder from Yorkton and we went to pick it up in pieces and assembled it.
    So maybe either way you have work before seeding this spring.
    Big good four wheel drives are in short supply and are trading very good.
    Older grain trucks get snapped up hey were taking one and cutting the box down adding fuel tanks for diesel plus tool boxes and welder/generator plus compressor and walla a service truck.
    One funny thing was at a sale the other day water pumps my price 176 selling for 250!
    Oh well shop before you go.
    I heard sales in Alberta are high and North West Sask are also going really good.

How things change,

I watched a sale at dauphin on the Internet at lunch today.

2-3000 bu flat bottom steel bins-$4500 each

72ft bourgault Heavy harrows 31,000
    54ft 9400 bourgault chisel plow for 56,000

and a 40 year old D7 cat for 38,000

The combine was reasonable at 120,000 for a 03 2388 only 750 sep. hours

nice low houred machinery though.

Comment

Hi
      I watch that sale too but it was 7pm UK time. Amazes me how this can happen

Thought the combine looked good value.

Second hand machinery here is up as new sold out till next year.

Missed the land being sold what did that make?

Comment

One quarter went for 96,000
        The 80 ac chunk went for about half that i think.
        And the last quarter went for about 60 i think.

Comment

I watched some of that sale and thought the guy got good money for most of his stuff.
          We have a pindle hitch trailer its a tr idem with air and 20 ft box he had a 18 dully on spring. We paid cash new $24,500 he got good money for that trailer.
          Cat that's Dauphin most farmers own one up their and it had a $40,0000 work order.
          Today their are 4 or 5 good ones.

Comment

Sales in this part of the world are kinda all over the map, some equipment too high - some resonable. Check out Kramerauction.com

Comment

Thanks for that bgmb.

Would those prices be up on last year?

Here better commodity prices have already seen increase in land prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...